Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Gates with pet doors?

We need to install a baby gate at the bottom of our stairs, and I'd like one with a pet door so our cat can come and go between floors as she pleases (she won't jump over it). ?Are gates with pet doors safe for children? Anyone have any particular gate recommendations?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gates with pet doors?

• Options
    I was told you can just install a regular gate but a couple inches off the ground (so one with hardware, not a pressure mount) and the cat can slide under it.
  • Options

I have a gate with a pet door to keep my DD out of our bedroom, but allows my little dog access. It is a pressure mount walk through gate so you don't have to screw anything into the walls and it has a "door" you can walk through so you don't have to step over the gate. I love it! The instructions say something about it not being a child gate. However, that gate is solid. I have run into it several times while not watching where I was going and it didn't budge. I must say when I first got the gate my DD was small enough (16 LBS) to climb through the pet door (she is too big now). I keep an eye on her and really just use the gate to "slow her down" so I can catch her before she gets into our bedroom. I haven't had a problem with the gate and plan to use it for many years.

https://www.amazon.com/Carlson-0930PW-Extra-Wide-Walk-Thru-White/dp/B000JJDI0G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343595383&sr=8-1&keywords=dog+gate+with+pet+door

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"