Attachment Parenting
Options

Has anyone read Simplicity Parenting?

My library has a huge waiting list for this and I'm wondering if it's worth the purchase.  If you've read it, what do you think?  We live in a tiny apartment but I sort of make a game of living as simply as possible, and wonder if this might help with ideas.
image  image  image

Re: Has anyone read Simplicity Parenting?

• Options
    I have. A friend lent it to me. We've practiced voluntary simplicity for years, so the book wasn't that helpful for our family. That said, I did think that it would be a great book to refer to friends who are just beginning/exploring such a path. I suppose it depends on how far down the "rabbit hole" you already are. Wink
  • Options

Reading it right now and while we're already practicing a lot of what is in the book, I'm finding it a great read. It's giving me more theory behind the benefits of how we're living. A good confidence builder when we get comments about our son not having a lot of toys or clothes or that we've decided to live a slower life than our peers.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebandwife:

Reading it right now and while we're already practicing a lot of what is in the book, I'm finding it a great read. It's giving me more theory behind the benefits of how we're living. A good confidence builder when we get comments about our son not having a lot of toys or clothes or that we've decided to live a slower life than our peers.

That's exactly what I was hoping for, actually.  I want something to refer back to when I need motivation, reassurance, or a self-check to see if I'm slipping back to old habits. 

And if you're finding use in it even with your blog and all the support you get there, I think I can definitely find use in it! 

image  image  image

• Options
    BLM10BLM10 member
    I'm waiting to get it from the library! You could always buy it used or borrow. :)
  • Options

Thanks for mentioning it.  I just downloaded the Kindle version for my iPad.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagetheboki:

Thanks for mentioning it.  I just downloaded the Kindle version for my iPad.

Let me know what you think!  I have the Kindle version in my wish list, but I have to hold off on purchases for a bit. 

image  image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"