Adoption
Options

Anyone works with an agency/attorney/fac not in your state?

Just curious if anyone has worked/signed with an agency/attorney/fac that is not in your state? I wonder if there are advantages or disadvantages to doing this.
DS- 4 years old, Natural m/c @ 7 weeks-12/1/09. Infertility issues- low ovarian reserve- low AMH and high FSH. Looking into adoption. Trying to figure out where to go with your little one? My favorite website is: Trekaroo AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Anyone works with an agency/attorney/fac not in your state?

• Options
    We are working with an out of state agency. It's advantageous for us, because of the laws in our state are much more difficult to navigate v/s the laws in the neighboring state. The disadvantage is that it's 6 hours from home and we will most likely have to deal with ICPC. I'm sure every situation is different. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we are using a company out of cali and we are in VA. we did our research read the reviews (good and bad) and felt best with going with them for many reasons. we are using adoption network law center.

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hway24hway24 member
    We did. We used an agency/law firm in CA, we live in GA. We didn't like any of the agencies we spoke with in our state. And we didn't have too many agencies local to us. After speaking to the agency we signed with we really liked them, also hoped that if we worked nationwide, we would get chosen a little quicker (we didn't). Doing an out of state adoption, can defintly have some drawbacks (travel, ICPC)  Our main basis for choosing the agency we did was cost, and average wait time.
    After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

We did. We live in Georgia and are using an attorney in Florida. The adoption laws in Georgia just aren't as good as the laws in Florida. However, we did have to wait on ICPC and had to spend a little over two weeks in Florida as our son was in the NICU. We were lucky the hospital let us board for some of the time so the expense of the hotel wasn't as bad and we were able to make it to 95% of his feedings.

TTC #1 since January 2008 dx: PCOS, Hyperthyroidism 5 IUI's - ALL BFN IVF & FET - BFN January 2012 - Moving onto Domestic Newborn Adoption May 2012 - Home study approved!! June 21, 2012 - Our little man was born! July 7, 2012 - We got to bring our little one home after a two week NICU visit. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    IRRIRR member
    Our lawyer is out of state, since our state only has 2 adoption attorney's as it is an agency state only.  We are using an agency from IL which is where our BM is located.  Advantages have been keeping the process more in our control.  Lower costs than the agencies in my state and being able to find BM in adoption friendly states.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"