Pregnant after 35
Options

Treatments?

Hi, I hope you ladies don't mind me ducking in here to ask a quick question.  I'm not pregnant, I'm 37 and ttc our third after not being pregnant for 14 years.  I'm participating in the ttc over 35 room and it seems like almost everyone is taking fertility treatments of one sort or another.  I don't really want to go down that route and would rather simply try to get pregnant with just the bd.  But after seeing more and more of the posts, I'm wondering if that is even reasonable?  So I'm here to ask, did you get pregnant with the help of fertility treatments or did you get pregnant by doing the bd only?  Thanks in advance to those who choose to answer.  :0)

Re: Treatments?

• Options
    I am only 34 years old (I will be 35 by the time my LO is born).  I got pregnant the old fashion way. I didn't use any treatments.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Birth is safe as life gets - Harriette Hartigan

• Options
    I got pregnant naturally with my 21 month old son when I was 36.  I had him when i was 37. We started trying for number 2 over 14 months ago.  After 6 months with no success I started clomid...no success.  We moved on to IUI with injectables...no success.  We just did IVF...success!  I will have ths baby 1 month before my 40th.  Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 41 pg again with no intervention. I had a long bout of IF during my first marriage & did the whole deal: surgery, temping, Clomid, etc. to no avail. 6 years later, got my first miracle baby au natural. Then, another 4 years until I got #2. Since then, I get pregnant about every 18 mo all on my own.
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you ladies ~ it's great to know.  I do feel like I have a fighting chance to do it naturally.  We shall see, time will tell.
  • Options
    steverstever member

I got pregnant naturally around my 35th birthday and at 38.

And, FTR, I just want to say that the ladies on TTC Over 35 are incredible and and supportive regardless of how you TTC.

• Options
    I'm 43 and my youngest is 12.  I got pregnant the old fashioned way and not on purpose.  My midwife said the chances of that at my age are only 3 percent. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    38 here and total "oops" pregnancy with first child... ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Pregnant at 33, 35, 37 with no interventions. It totally varies--everyone is different.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was a couple weeks shy of my 41st birthday when I got pregnant without any treatments. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am 44, I was pregnant in March but that ended in a miscarriage. I am pregnant today! I had successful pregnancies at 42.40 and 38 all without any intervention.
  • Options
    No treatments here. It took us 14 cycles to conceive dd when I was 37. It only took 1 cycle to concieve this one and I am 40. Yes it is possible. Good luck!
  • Options

Nobody wants to get pregnant through treatments, trust me. Sex and au naturel is definitely the desired approach, especially for those that aren't aware of any potential problems. But we are so fortunate to live in a time when there are medical options and assistance available to those of us that need them.

I started trying at 34.5 and I really am in such good health. Everyone thought I would get k/u in a matter of minutes. I look fit, healthy, happy and fertile. But nothing happened and I got worried and you can take a look in my siggy that over time, I had issues with my thyroid, and other problems that wouldn't be visible, but do create issues in getting pregnant. So 2.5 years later, I am fortunately pregnant with twins via IVF. My friend put it bluntly when she said, "30 years ago you may just not have been able to get pregnant." She is right.

I spent 1.5 years on the ttc>35 board and have nothing but respect for everyone over there. Everyone is on a different journey and that is the great thing about that board. Many are only trying naturally. Many go onto treatments; you really don't know until you try. But everyone supports each individual process. It really is about support, and understanding.

I would say to be open - you really don't know what hand you've been dealt. And you also don't know what you'd be open to in terms of treatment until you've been in the shoes of many of us that are on that board for a long time. So, it's very important to be sensitive to that and to everyone's individual process. In the end it is your very individual and personal decision.

Good luck and have fun gettin' busy! 

ttc since 2/2010 ~
    me (36): Hypothyroid (on Levothroid), low vit. d, borderline/high fsh (day 3: between 7-10) (day 10: 13 during CCCT), AFC: 14
    dh (31): awesome (minus one sample with agglutination)
    Diagnosis:possible DOR and/or unexplained + elevated NK cells + MTHFR (C677T - one copy)

MAY 2011 - FEB 2012 - 3 injectable IUI's with numerous cancellations due to high TSH levels
    MAY 2012 - onto IVF/ICSI (Antagonist Protocol) on BCP and Folgard (3 week delay - cyst - boooo) 5/21 start stims 5/30 ER 11R 8M 3F 6/2 3DT of 3 6/12 Beta #1 83 | 6/14 Beta #2 196 | 6/21 Beta #3 3818 | 6/28 Beta #4 22,213 | 7/2 1st U/S - 2 on board! 8/24 CVS reveals that we have a boy AND a girl on board!

Healthy baby boy and girl born in February, 2013 at 38 weeks and 2 days!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I am 37 and it took 7 months TTC #2.  We did not use fertility treatments but we had started the testing in anticipation of treatments.  Luckily we didn't need them. 
  • Options
    At 34, we had been trying for a year with no luck, Did fertility treatments at 34/35 with 2 pregnancies and 2 miscarriages, so we stopped the treatments, and I became pregnant with my last daughter immediately. Go figure. (Turns out I just had another odd medical issue diagnosed and treated with my last pregnancy causing my problems) And we are having another now, no intervention, and I'm 37.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am 36. DH and I did not pursue fertility treatments but I did chart, temp and use OPK's. It took us over a year to get pregnant which unfortunately ended in a miscarriage but we were lucky several months later and delivered our take home baby this week. 

I will second that TTC 35 board was a wealth of knowledge and support although I understand how at first bat it seems that everyone is pursuing fertility treatments.  I made a very similar post when I first started and Hijoi sure did set me straight :-) I encourage you to stick around on that board, get to know the ladies and you will get a ton of support and advise

• Options

I'm 37, and we just took a 'let's see what happens' approach - I think it was actually faster this time than when we 'actively' tried for DS (now 7) - maybe 2-3 months?

That said, I have friends who needed to go the 'intervention' route from the start, even with their first (and much younger) - but on the whole, I'd say most of my friends had their first child between 32-38, and most got lucky without any help, for both that and any subsequent babies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"