Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

So confused about infant seats/strollers!

Okay, so I have my daughter's Britax infant seat that will be around 3.5 years old by the time baby #2 arrives. Is it still safe to use that infant seat or do I need to buy another one? It was part of a travel system, but I HATE the stroller, it is so big and bulky and squeaky! I really like the Britax B Agile, so is it possible to adapt my infant seat to that? I am so confused, and just want a light stroller I can attach an infant seat to!! Sorry if this doesn't make sense =/
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So confused about infant seats/strollers!

• Options
    I think you can totally use the infant seat, it's within the 7 year window and the expiration date should be imprinted on it.  We have the Britax B-Ready stroller and LOVE it.  We are using it has a DSNG with the babies Britax infant seats but you can use it as a single or a double.  It might be worth checking into, I'm not sure if the B-Agile could work as a double?  Or maybe you don't need a double, for us we did so it was a huge selling point.  I would for sure take your infant seat to a store and try it out on different strollers.  That way you know without a doubt that it will work instead of waiting until after the baby arrives.  HTH!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageangelfire02:
    I think you can totally use the infant seat, it's within the 7 year window and the expiration date should be imprinted on it.  We have the Britax B-Ready stroller and LOVE it.  We are using it has a DSNG with the babies Britax infant seats but you can use it as a single or a double.  It might be worth checking into, I'm not sure if the B-Agile could work as a double?  Or maybe you don't need a double, for us we did so it was a huge selling point.  I would for sure take your infant seat to a store and try it out on different strollers.  That way you know without a doubt that it will work instead of waiting until after the baby arrives.  HTH!

Yes.  Definitely check the manual for the expiration.  It's typically 5-7 years.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would just use the seat and buy some sort of snap in stroller frame (whether you're looking for a single or double) that would fit your seat.

• Options
    imageg8trkim:
    I would just use the seat and buy some sort of snap in stroller frame (whether you're looking for a single or double) that would fit your seat.
     I would do this.  The B-Agile does work with the Chaperone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    The infant seat is definitely still safe. It probably has a 6 or 7 year life (that would be in your manual), but at 3.5 years it's definitely good. No idea about the stroller adapter though, but I'm sure there is one.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Etched into the seat is the expiration date. Should be underneath. Look for that. It doesn't start from the day you bought it, but from the day it was manufactured.
  • Options
    imagedragon_chica:

imageangelfire02:

Yes.  Definitely check the manual for the expiration.  It's typically 5-7 years.

It's 6.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"