VBAC

blood clotting issues and VBAC?

Hi all.  I am currently pregnant with my second.  I had a CS with my DS after hours of laboring because he was not moving down.  It ended up the cord was around his neck and he was "sunny side up".  I have been pretty set on trying for the VBAC this time around.

I ended up having testing before this pregnancy due to two miscarriages in a row.  I have a homozygous mutuation for mthfr and was also diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder called lupus anticoagulant.  I am now on baby aspirin and daily blood thinner shots (Lovenox).  As I get closer to labor, I will be switched to other medications that present less risk at the time of labor.  I will be speaking to my doctor about what all of this means for my chance of VBAC, but in the meantime am curious if anyone on here has experienced something similar.  Thanks so much!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: blood clotting issues and VBAC?

• I don't have personal experience with this but a friend of mine has a blood clotting disorder (not sure which one) and her doctor did everything to make sure she delivered vaginally (she did) because he said a c/s is much more dangerous with the clotting issue.  She was not a VBAC, though.  So not sure if there is anything different there.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Thanks for the response.  I will be checking with the various doctors I will be seeing and get their thoughts, too.  We shall see...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"