Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Bedwetting - heavy wetter

DS1 will be 5 in September.  He's still wetting the bed sometimes if I don't wake him when DH and I go to bed to go potty.  He's been wearing store brand pull-ups to bed and soaks through them.  What do you use to contain all of the pee?   I know there's night Pull-Ups brand, Goodnights, Under Jams.  What have you found to work best and be the best value?

Re: Bedwetting - heavy wetter

• Options

I have a 5.5 year old wearing Goodnights at night.  He is such a heavy sleeper that he just does not wake up for any reason.  Which is getting to be a problem emotionally because his twin and now his 3.5 year old brother are both dry at night.  Sad

I have found the Goodnights to be really absorbent.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options

Hi there -- mom from school aged kids board.  My son is nearly 8 and has always wet the bed.

You're going to hate this answer, but I have never found any type of night time diaper or pull-up that could hold all the pee.  The very best of them still allowed leaks onto the front of the waistband of my son's PJs.  The worst were basically like not wearing a pull-up at all.

My son wears these only for sleepovers.  I decided to put my money into laundry products instead of pull-ups. He just wears underwear and if he wets the bed, it gets wet.  I use a totally waterproof mattress cover AND waterproof pads.  I have a routine for laundry.  I have 2 laundry hampers in his room: one for stuff that gets peed on and one for normal dirty clothes.  This keeps the damp pjs and sheets from stenchifying in the bottom of the hamper without me knowing.

I rinse all the wet sheets and pjs in the laundry sink before washing to get as much of the pee out as possible.  Then I wash on hot and use a cupful of febreeze along with the detergent.  This takes care of about 75% of the problem.  For stubborn odors, I use a combination of oxy- type carpet spray that you use for pet stains and letting stuff sit out in the sun.  An afternoon of strong sunlight + febreeze or oxy spray will really kill urine odor.  This technique is especially helpful when pillows and stuffed animals get wet.  Poor, stinky stuffed animals!  

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the suggestion.  Hopefully the goodnights will help, and if not, I'll just suck it up and constantly wash sheets.  He doesn't always wet the bed thankfully, but when he does, his pull-ups (generic brand) are pretty worthless).   I know eventually he'll outgrow it. 

• Options
    CD+ALCD+AL member

DS is a super, duper heavy soaker at night even though he's been day trained for 2.5yrs.  He wears Goodnights with either a diaper doubler (at BRU in the diaper section in a white pkg with green on the front and a yellow duck) or some other absorbent insert. 

Lately, the diaper doublers have gotten so expensive, especially on top of the expense of the Goodnights, so I've been exploring other options.  The cloth soakers that you can buy for extra absorbancy in cloth diapers work pretty well, but they're a little expensive too, especially since I keep hoping that we're going to be through this phase someday soon.  A cheaper option that I found that has worked well is to buy really soft 100% cotton washcloths and fold them like a soaker before putting it in the pull-up.  Just wash and treat as you would a cloth diaper (ex. careful of what type of detergent you use, strip of ammonia as necessary, etc.).

• Options
    DD1 wears a Goodnight every night. She used to leak through a Pull Up, but we haven't had any problems with the Goodnights. 
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    We were actually able to buy a package of Goodnights at a garage sale today (must've been an extreme couponer), so we'll give those a try.
  • Options
    imageluvmagoldn:

I have a 5.5 year old wearing Goodnights at night.  He is such a heavy sleeper that he just does not wake up for any reason.  Which is getting to be a problem emotionally because his twin and now his 3.5 year old brother are both dry at night.  Sad

I have found the Goodnights to be really absorbent.

I've been using the Goodnights with DD, she's 4 1/2.  They work really well for us.  No matter how early we cut off liquids before bed and wake her before we go to bed to use the bathroom, she still is not dry in the morning.  Our pediatrician said its just the way some kids are.  Both of my daughters are heavy sleepers at night. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"