June 2012 Moms
Options

Heat rash? Also in babies 0-3 months

A few days ago myLO (6 weeks) developed when I thought was acne.  It has spread up into her hair line but really no further than that.  Now she has the same spots on the back of her neck/top of back and the front of her neck/top of chest. There are some spots in the crook of her elbows and knees.  There are also little bumps randomly on her legs and arms but they aren't red at all.  Does this sound like heat rash?  Or I am paranoid it's strep rash, too. She is not running a fever and seems like a happy baby.  She slept well last night is is really acting no different than normal.  Her hands feel really sweaty, though.  We put her in a lightweight onsie and wiped her down w/ a cool washcloth.  It's really humid here in PA so that is why I thought it was heat rash.  At night we usually put her in a fleece halo swaddler but didn't last night because of this. Any thoughts? Thanks! :) It really has me worried.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Heat rash? Also in babies 0-3 months

• Options
    Sounds like it could be heat rash. Mine has it, too. The pedi said it is either heat or a rash from a virus but not to worry. We did a few baths in Aveeno Baby Soothing Bath Treatment and used a light baby powder to help absorb sweat during the day. It is clearing up.

• Options
    Thanks :) I am guessing that as long as she's not running a fever or getting worse than it's okay?  Hopefully.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The acne can go on their neck, back and chest my LO has it and pedi said it was acne.  I am not sure about other places but my DD had really sensitive skin and would react to people holding her who had not washed their clothes in free and clear.  She once reacted on her neck to trying on a snowsuit I had to give her benadryl.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My DD has it too.  I am pretty sure it is heat rash as it comes and goes and it is worse when we have had hot days and have been outside where she is sweating.
  • Options
    I think I am going to start washing out clothes as well in the Tide Free so see if that makes a difference at all. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"