April 2012 Moms
Options

I should have listened...

Back when we were all still pregnant and discussing stroller options (oh, the good ol' days!), the vast majority of 2+ moms warned against getting a travel system because the stroller would be so bulky and not convenient and blah blah blah. 

At the time, I was like 'psh, whatever, I am so getting one anyways", so I did. But the 2+ moms were right (per usual), and I just broke down and ordered a freaking snap and go because I can't stand my huge travel system stroller.

sigh. Live and learn! 

~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: I should have listened...

• Options
    Is a snap n go worth out this late in the game? Our babies should all be big enough to sit in the regular stroller now.
    April 2012 Mamas Blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Look! I put the diaper on the baby! image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Well DD is still pretty small- the main reason I got it was because her daycare classroom is a loooooong walk from the parking lot and I'd rather not lug the heavy infant seat twice a day. She's only about 11 lbs, so I figure I have a few more months of use out of it, at least
    ~Sarah

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How big do they have to be? I flippin hate my chicco double!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageMrsGreen620:
    Is a snap n go worth out this late in the game? Our babies should all be big enough to sit in the regular stroller now.

My stroller says not until 6 months. 

-------------------------------------
  • Options

I've been putting Lyla in the stroller for a while now.  I have it reclined as far back as it goes.  She's still alive.

S/O strollers, I'm about to order the City Mini double.  Surprise

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am definitely going to have to look into lighter strollers once the snap and go is no longer an option- this travel system stroller is a pain in the a$$ to fit in my trunk, and is a huge hassle to even unfold the thing. Hate it. 
    ~Sarah

• Options
    I have to rave about my travel system.  I have the Aprica moto and I love it.  Ya, it still isn't the smallest thing on the block, but it is smaller than any other travel system and works really nicely.
  • Options
    I have a travel system, and I love it. The stroller itself is not small, but I don't have any issues putting it in, taking it out, and setting it up. I like that I have places to put things when we got out.
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • Options
    DH thought the snap n go was a waste of $ and wanted to go straight to a big stroller. I won that battle and he tells me all the time how glad he is we have the snap n go. It is so light and maneuvers great. We use it everywhere. We have the Chicco model.
  • Options
    imagejkfranklin:

I've been putting Lyla in the stroller for a while now.  I have it reclined as far back as it goes.  She's still alive.

I now have stroller envy!
  • Options
    vtwd40vtwd40 member

imageGAPeach68:
    DH thought the snap n go was a waste of $ and wanted to go straight to a big stroller. I won that battle and he tells me all the time how glad he is we have the snap n go. It is so light and maneuvers great. We use it everywhere. We have the Chicco model.

Same!! I love it! I can toss it in and out of the car with no trouble. Well get a cheap 5point umbrella stroller once she's 6 months, but it's so nice to just pull out the seat and snap it into a light stroller when we're going places.

• Options
    imageDinabethL:
    I have a travel system, and I love it. The stroller itself is not small, but I don't have any issues putting it in, taking it out, and setting it up. I like that I have places to put things when we got out.
    I feel the same way. I have an suv, so it fits fine in the back. I just keep it there for whenever I need it. I'm sure if I had a smaller car it would be more of an issue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have a Travel System and enjoy it, it's the Chicco Trevi with the Keyfit Base.  no major complaints here and it is really easy to lift and put into the car.

Good luck!!

• Options

imagehuahualove:
    imageDinabethL:
    I feel the same way. I have an suv, so it fits fine in the back. I just keep it there for whenever I need it. I'm sure if I had a smaller car it would be more of an issue.

Same!  I loved my travel system when it was just DS. I had no problem getting it in and out of my sedan.

I guess that is why I feel the City Select isn't so huge now.

Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • Options
    I love my chicco travel system. I have the chicco cortina and don't find it to be a hassle at all. I love getting it out.
  • Options
    imagejkfranklin:

PSST!!  I bought the Britax B-Agile Double and I think its way awesomer than my friend's City Mini double...just sayin. 

• Options

imagemaccalovah:
    I am definitely going to have to look into lighter strollers once the snap and go is no longer an option- this travel system stroller is a pain in the a$$ to fit in my trunk, and is a huge hassle to even unfold the thing. Hate it. 

I have a MaClaren stroller that only weighs 7 pounds, and was not that expensive (granted, someone else bought it for us).  Haven't put DS in it yet, but it is nice and lightweight.   

• Options
    imagejenbelsan:

imagemaccalovah:

I have a MaClaren stroller that only weighs 7 pounds, and was not that expensive (granted, someone else bought it for us).  Haven't put DS in it yet, but it is nice and lightweight.   

Thanks! I am definitely going to look into that...Lighter is definitely a plus for me 

~Sarah

• Options
    dojo1dojo1 member

imageMrsGreen620:

My lo acts like I'm pulling off his arms when I put him in his car seat, but is ok o ce in it.  At this point I wouldn't dare drive somewhere and then remove him from his carseat to go into a stroller.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I did the same thing the first time, all well!! I still like to use the snap and go this time too, I used it up until 9 months or so last timr. DS was in the infant seat until well over a year, since it goes to 32 lbs and he is skinny.

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"