Trouble TTC

Post-coital test issue

She comes back after reviewing the slides and says she found 1 sperm and it was dead.  DH has had two SA's which were absolutely normal.  Anybody had something like this happen?  What did you do?  IUI is not covered by insurance and not affordable!

Re: Post-coital test issue

• Yikes, I'm sorry you are dealing with this.  What did the doctor suggest?

I have not had an issue like this, but at my PCT about half the sperm were no longer moving and I didn't have much CM so IUI was suggested for us.  Good luck.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'd get a second opinion on your options for an RE and skip a second PCT. PCT's are notoriously inaccurate/unreliable.

If your bloodwork/ultrasounds have all come back normal, you're ovulating on your own, and no structural issues noted on HSG, then you are probably a candidate for Clomid/trigger shot/TI.  Or, you wait and save til you can afford the IUI.

Good luck.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDebateThis:

I'd get a second opinion on your options for an RE and skip a second PCT. PCT's are notoriously inaccurate/unreliable.

If your bloodwork/ultrasounds have all come back normal, you're ovulating on your own, and no structural issues noted on HSG, then you are probably a candidate for Clomid/trigger shot/TI.  Or, you wait and save til you can afford the IUI.

Good luck.

This. PCT are really not considered very useful anymore, and I would consider switching to a RE who is more current.  

4 IUIs: Bfn
    Antagonist IVF 7 retrieved, 4 fert w/ICSI&AH, 2 blasts transferred. Beta #1 9/20: 367 Beta #2 9/22: 841
    image image
  • I'm sorry that you are dealing with this. It sounds like a second opinion might help you get clearer answers.
    TTC from May 2011 to Jan 2013. Due 9/11/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"