Baby Names

Last Minute Middle Name for Harper

We have a scheduled c-section for next week, baby is still breech.  And we finally agreed on Harper for her name.  I like the idea of a glamorous/fun first name and a more feminine or pretty middle name.  My husband loves Harper Capri and I am leaning more towards Harper Eileen (after my grandma) or maybe Harper Shae (my first name is Shaina)

She is our 1st but will be the 7th girl out of her cousins, we already have a couple Elizabeth's and a couple Grace's.  So we can't be too trendy, we'd like something unique but not too far out there :-)

I will take any advice! Thank you!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Last Minute Middle Name for Harper

• I really like your suggestion of Harper Eileen! It flows really nicely and I love the family significance the name has for you. 

And congrats on getting to meet your daughter next week! 

• I actually think Harper Capri sounds nice. Harper Eileen is just okay to me. I like that it honors your grandmother, but I don't really like the name and you shouldn't use it unless your husband is on board. I do think the MN spot is a great place for honoring family members. Are there any other family names from either your side or your DH's side that you'd consider? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My first thought was Harper Claire.
    The Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with One Step.

1998 Ovarian Cancer Survivor. 7 Miscarriages: 6w, 13w2d, 4w2d, 7w4d (DD's twin), 5w. Failed Tubal after c/s (!!): 5w2d, 6w4d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Harper Noelle

Harper Kate

Harper June

Harper Faye

Harper Rose

Harper Ruth

Harper Frances

Harper Anne 

Harper Elise

Harper Judith 

✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • Harper is a beautiful name, its on our short list! I love middle names that mean something and honor someone. My vote is for Eileen!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I like Harper Eileen.

Also like:

Harper Jane
    Harper Nicole
    Harper Rae
    Harper Ren?
    Harper Anne
    Harper Elise
    Harper Diane

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone
    "Don't marry a man unless you would be PROUD to have a son exactly like him." ~ Unknown
  • First thing that popped into my head was Harper Elise.
  • I absolutely love Harper Shae.  Aside from the fact that I like the sound of a one syllable middle name with her two syllable first name, I think Shae is such a pretty. elegant name.  

Capri makes me think of the cigarettes.  While I like the connection of Eileen to your grandmother , I don't like it with Harper.

image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I have a friend naming her daughter Harper Adele. 
  • Harper Blair

Harper Brooke

Harper Mae

Harper Paige

Harper Shae is my favorite of your list.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Harper Eden came to mind.
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• My daughter is Harper Ann. We chose Ann because of family significance but we find ourselves calling her Harper Ann more often than just Harper. Congrats on getting to meet your Harper soon!

• All I can think of with Capri, is Capri Sun. Always liked Eileen though, very feminine and lovely to honor your grandmother. But then again I like slightly older and very feminine names like Eleanor, Eloise, etc. I guess I am pulling "E" names for examples here. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"