Single Parents

First Solo Visit. *sniffle*

Getting ready to drop DS off at his grandparents for his first visit with SD. It's only 3 hours. I'm trying to tell myself this is Mommy's Day Out, and it's just like a free baby sitter. I can do this, right? It's just so hard. He's never been away from me for that long. Will they know to talk to him? Will they lay him in his PNP and force him to cry himself to sleep? What if he refuses his bottle? They d 

Re: First Solo Visit. *sniffle*

• I'm sure this is really stressful - and I'm not quite in your shoes yet, but I can imagine. I agree, just think of it as mommy time; also, fostering a good relationship with the rest of his family is important too in the long run! And if for some reason, they DON'T meet his needs, he'll be back in your arms in as little as 3 hours for lots of mommy love. Woohoo. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In 18 minutes, I'll have him back. I'm super stoked. The drop off didn't go well. His parents weren't there. His parents have to supervise.

I lost my temper when he started saying "Sont talk down to me. Don't this don't that." then, he stepped in it, and I regained control. "Don't do this, S. Don't play victim." I grinned... I said, "I'm not the victim." he said, "I know, thats me." I said, "You're always the victim." and walked out. I can do this. 

EDIT: Picking up so much easier. Slight panic because he opened the door and BO BABY! Since he threatened to kidnap him at one point, I had momentary panic. Then his dad walked put holding DS and mommy hormones flooded me, and I relaxed. He missed me...and knew when I was there. He started crying instantly.  I apologized for my earlier behavoir and said it was just hard to let him out of my sight givn my family history. Of course, he didn't apologize for his...because nothin is his fault. I know tomorrow will be easier because the everything was for today. 

For now, I'm cuddling with my little hippo in contented peace. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"