Upstate NY Babies
Options

New to Upstate NY Trying to find best ob/gyn

We recently moved to Montgomery County NY, I am pregnant and trying to find the best Ob/gyn doctor to deliver this baby. Any suggestions?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: New to Upstate NY Trying to find best ob/gyn

• Options

I'm from there originally, well Fulton County but it's all the same. hahaha.I know great ones towards the Albany area. I delivered at Bellevue in Niskayuna. It's part of Ellis hospital.

https://www.ellismedicine.org/women/labor-and-delivery.aspx

Locally you have Nathan Littauer in Gloversville. They look to have updated their birthing center which looks great! It was really scary inside before and very outdated. It looks nice and plush now!

https://www.nlh.org/

St. Mary's Hospital in Amsterdam: https://www.smha.org/ContentManager/index.cfm?Step=Display&ContentID=43

I don't know any OB's out that way. My SIL has one that is a quack so I would defiantly take some time to interview them or find out more about their practice, beliefs in labor etc. I hate to say it but sometimes the rural places still have such outdated ways of thinking.

If you want to come out this way, Albany area, there are many midwife based OB's and regular OB's. You have a much bigger pick. Feel free to PM me if you need too!

Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the links and info, really appreciate it. Do you know of Bassett Healthcare in Cooperstown, NY? My health plan gave me a list of OB's in that hospital. Again, thank you for the information Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dr. Charland. His office is across from St Mary's in Amsterdam. He's my OB and he's great!
  • Options
    I don't know Cooperstown well. It's a hefty drive! Where are you around town wise?
    Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Dr Burstyn in Latham.  I just switched to that practice when I was trying to get pregnant.  All women in the office.  She was amazing.   Sometimes there is a long wait, but well worth it. They will take you in at a moments notice if there is a problem - I'm proof of that.  That unfortunately puts them behind, but I appreciated them seeing me after I got into a car accident and wanted to make sure the baby was ok.

good luck!

• Options
    I live at Sprakers, it's a hamlet in the town of Root (population 1500). Cooperstown has the Baseball Hall of Fame, it's 50 min drive from where I am. I can't find anything bad about this hospital, so far the experience at the women's health center was eh ok. They made me wait 25mins just to take a urine test to confirm I am pregnant. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Does Dr. Charland see you directly?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagerenemborst:

Dr Burstyn in Latham.  I just switched to that practice when I was trying to get pregnant.  All women in the office.  She was amazing.   Sometimes there is a long wait, but well worth it. They will take you in at a moments notice if there is a problem - I'm proof of that.  That unfortunately puts them behind, but I appreciated them seeing me after I got into a car accident and wanted to make sure the baby was ok.

good luck!

I second this. She is my OB as well! :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • Options
    joie12joie12 member

I live in Esperance, in Schoharie County. I delivered at St. Peter's in Albany, and thought it was great. However, since I work in Albany, going to my OB (upstate ob gyn) was not a big haul for me - that's important, especially once you start going every week. I preferred having an ob that was closer to my office. Your situation may be different, though. I really liked my drs there, though, especially Dr. Vu.

My friend delivered at Cooperstown and liked it ok, but said if she had to do it again, she'd go elsewhere.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Newt69Newt69 member

imageaak73:
    Dr. Charland. His office is across from St Mary's in Amsterdam. He's my OB and he's great!

I second this...i switched to Dr. Charland at 20wks after I became disenchanted with my other OB. I would suggest staying at St Marys Hospital for delivery. Bassett is very far away from Montgomery County, Bellevue isnt bad but they have weird visitor policies. 

If you cant get into Charland, i would suggest Dr. Lee - office connected to Hospital. Stay away from Dr. Ryan.

Nathan Litteur left the epidural needle in my friends back for 6mo after her baby was born. 

I live in Mayfield, NY, maybe we can get to know each other. PM me

• Options
    Newt69Newt69 member
    yes he is the only 1 in the practice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"