Pre-School and Daycare
Options

WWYD??? am 4K and pm daycare..

My 4 yr. old will start 4K next month.   He is currently going to  an in home daycare.  Because 4K will get out at 10:30 he will be riding a bus to a new daycare because the in home daycare does not offer transportation.  Soo, he will be experiencing 2 new environments next month.  He is very out going and expresses his excitement fot the change.  Question is should I let him go to the new daycare all day the week before he starts 4K so the transition will be smoother or "throw him to the wolves" and let him start them new?  If he goes to the daycare the week before he will be by himself during the morning because the other 4 year olds will be having their 4K class. (that class is full, that's why he isn't going here in the am).  What would ya'll do? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD??? am 4K and pm daycare..

• Options
    I'd "throw him to the wolves".  I can see the benefit of getting him used to the daycare but I'd worry that it would just be another change to send him and have that routine change again the next week when he starts school.  Seems simpler to just have him get used to one whole new environment and understand this is the way it all works now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"