North Carolina Babies

Clingy Baby?

Anyone have a baby that was just ridiculously clingy to one parent and can tell me it gets better??? He does fine when it's time to go to bed, get in the car, etc. But if we're at home or somewhere else, he acts misserable unless I hold him. He'll crawl around the house following me if I try to ignore it to see if he'll stop and crys. It's awful and makes me feel awful and we're both getting nowhere good with this. If it's just a phase I can deal and we'll be ok, but man is this dragging me down!!! Anyone else have any experiences???

Re: Clingy Baby?

• Cameron is the same it. Is is SO frustrating. I noticed it got worse around 10m and now at 13m it seems a little better, but he still follows me around and cries and wants to be held 24/7. The good thing is now he is walking a little and more into playing, so he is more easily distracted if I set up toys or something for him to play with. He's been like that since birth, so I am used to it, but it still is annoying, esp when I am trying to get something done. I usually have to stick him in his high chair with milk or a snack so I can do things!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedbertagni:
    Cameron is the same it. Is is SO frustrating. I noticed it got worse around 10m and now at 13m it seems a little better, but he still follows me around and cries and wants to be held 24/7. The good thing is now he is walking a little and more into playing, so he is more easily distracted if I set up toys or something for him to play with. He's been like that since birth, so I am used to it, but it still is annoying, esp when I am trying to get something done. I usually have to stick him in his high chair with milk or a snack so I can do things!

Holy Cow this is our same situation to a T! minus the walking part Stick out tongue He's always been attached to me, but it's just gotten worse. It's driving my crazy! Maybe it's just a certain personality type?? Glad I'm not alone!!

• Loading the player...
  • Nicolas was and still is excessively clingy. I remember the phase that I could not put him down and it was at about a year or so.  He never played independently and always wanted me. 

Now at 3 years old he prefers me to my hubby.  He has to be touching me in a restaurant in order to be happy.  He is not content just sitting next to me.  Hopefully it is a phase but it wasn't for us.  He is much better than he was when he was younger but he is still very clingy.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"