Nurseries and Baby Gear

Ergo ?s: teething pads & side carry

My DS just turned 4 months & since he's now big enough to skip the infant insert I've been using the Ergo a lot more. Recently he thinks it is just fantastic to suck/gum the straps. He doesn't have teeth yet but is there any damage he might end up doing to it that the little teether pads would prevent or are they mainly just to soak up the wetness? Also I tried doing the side carry with him but he didn't seem very comfortable in it & kept slouching over. Is this a carry that's better when he's a bit older with more trunk support?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ergo ?s: teething pads & side carry

• hmp1hmp1 member
    We never used the teether pads but DS never chewed on the straps. Since your LO is sucking on them, can you offer him a teether instead? I never did the side carry until he was older, like 9 months.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I could try offering him a teether but I'm pretty sure he'd end up dropping it & probably going for the straps anyways since they're right there.
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally say you don't need the pads -unless he's super slobbery. 

As for the side carry - I would say that is for a kid that can really support themselves.  I would not do it with a 4m old.  We did front carry exclusively for a long time, and eventually did back carry some.  I was actually just front-carrying my almost 2yo just the other day because she was clingy.

• My ergo is discolored from where DS, now 3, chewed.  No washing brought that back.  I bought the pads when I realized what was happening.  I like them for two reasons.  1.  It prevents further discoloration.  2.  I throw the teething pads in the wash more frequently than I do the whole ergo.

I have never really liked the side carry, so I can't help you there. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"