August 2011 Moms
Options

Very Hungry Caterpillar theme

Speaking of birthday themes, we are doing the Very Hungry Caterpillar and I saw several others are too.  What is your menu going to consist of?

We are ordering subs (to keep it simple) for the main dish and making a caterpillar out of cupcakes for dessert.  But I'm not sure what to do for apps and sides?  Do I keep with the theme or just make things we like...what are you doing? 

Re: Very Hungry Caterpillar theme

• Options

Yay for Very Hungry Caterpillar! That's what we are doing too, obviously, since I'm commenting on this. Smile

We are actually only doing cupcakes and ice cream. No meal. It will be in the evening after dinner, around 6:30 or 7:00.

I love subs. For easy sides you could do chips and cut up fruit, or a veggie tray. The Very Hungry Caterpillar eats fruit, so that would be with the theme.

You could do red and green grapes on a kebob stick...that would kind of look like a caterpillar, I think. And be a healthy side/app.

In the end, I would rather make things I like, though, than to stick with the theme. What good is a bunch of food that looks cute but no one eats? Smile

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

For ds1's second birthday we did a very hungry catapillar theme. We used all of the food from the book. I know we had a fruit salad, pigs in a blanket, we had a tray with cheese and salami, pickles, and little mini pies. We gave big swirly lollipops for a party favor. Your sub idea sounds easier. :) 

If I was going to do it again, I would do the subs, a fruit salad, green salad and maybe a tray with a few things from the book.

GL! I'm sure it'll be cute.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are sticking with the theme and doing the foods he ate. I even found free food labels for each food. Let me know if you're interested in them and I'll find the website where I got them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I haven't decided what to make food wise yet. Procrastinating!
    3 failed IUIs, 1 successful IVF Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"