Trouble TTC

Expense vent

I am currently waiting for AF to start so that I can schedule my HSG.  I talked to my insurance sometime last month and was told that infertility testing is covered, but treatment is not.  They also said to have the doctors office submit a preauthorization.  So, my doctors office called today and I found out that even with my insurance it is going to cost me somewhere around $750!   Between my deductible that I have not met and the 20% I am responsible for it is still going to be an expensive test.  I know the ladies here are all to familiar with the cost of infertility, so this is just a vent.

Me 27 DH 29 Married since 2007, together since 2001
Off BC since Febuary 2006 3 Clomid Cycles in 2008- symptomatic, US just showed a tilted uterus, otherwise normal, HSG normal.  DH has an ejaculatory duct obstruction and a congenital absence of the vas deferens.  This is common with cystic fibrosis carriers, but he doesn't have cystic fibrosis. IVF #1 with TESE/ICSI (Antagonist protocol) Aug 2014=BFN (poor embryo quality)   IVF #2 ICSI long lupron protocol November 2014
imageimage

Re: Expense vent

• ct103ct103 member

Yeah it's rough. I'm starting to feel the impact as well. I've already spent $400 on this cycle, and I know that's nothing compared to others!

I was venting about this to my boss yesterday and he said something that really helped me. He said "In 30 years, you're not going to care how much you spent". Even if I don't get a baby out of all of this, at least I'll know I tried :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hear you. I am trying to figure out how I am going to come up with $20,000-$22,000 for IVF if this IUI doesn't work. And that doesn't include meds or monitoring. Crying
  • Loading the player...
  • That is a good point, in 30 years I will not care how much I spend.  Especially not if I am blessed with children.
    Me 27 DH 29 Married since 2007, together since 2001
    Off BC since Febuary 2006 3 Clomid Cycles in 2008- symptomatic, US just showed a tilted uterus, otherwise normal, HSG normal.  DH has an ejaculatory duct obstruction and a congenital absence of the vas deferens.  This is common with cystic fibrosis carriers, but he doesn't have cystic fibrosis. IVF #1 with TESE/ICSI (Antagonist protocol) Aug 2014=BFN (poor embryo quality)   IVF #2 ICSI long lupron protocol November 2014
    imageimage
  • LuCloLuClo member
    Some days I think the phone calls fighting with my insurance company are worse than the infertility!  I know that I'm lucky compared to people OOP, but still.  Let's take something intensely personal and difficult and then see how many financial obstacles we can add to it!?!?
  • Good luck on your HSG!

Infertility sucks, we're still going through testing and some months it's like $850+ just for blood work, SAs, and ultrasounds.  My HSG was around $1800.  : (

Baby dust and windfall$ to all.

Anniversary
    Married 9/29/2007
    TTC 11/2010
    Me: HSG 4/2012 Tubes Clear, Hypothyroid, PCOS
    DH: MFI, SA #1 2 million, SA #2 no sperm, SA #3 7 million total
    DH is now on HSG shots 2x week, 2.5 MG Letrozole 2x week, Vitamin B Complex, 600 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid, and 400 mg CoQ-10.
    UPDATE:
    3/2013 IUI with Femara, BFN
    4/2013 IUI with Femara, BFN
    5/2013 IUI with Femara, BFN
    8/2013 IVF with Femara, Bravelle, and Lupron, 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 3 grade 2 Blastocysts transferred day 5, BFN
    8/2013 Exploring domestic infant adoption

• I completley understand your feelings. We are 100% OOP and with adding in the $16,000 that I just spent to start my first IVF cycle I think were about $25,000 in. Its so frustrating but I agree with pp, once we get those babies in our arms we'll never think about the cost again! Good luck to you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"