Health & Exercise
Options

Favorite Exercises?

What were your favorite exercises to do while TTC and/or PG?

I'm currently TTC and I love taking a Piyo class (pilates+yoga) at the gym and plan to continue after I get PG as long as possible. My DH is my personal trainer and swim coach (he has spent over half his life swimming competitively and almost half his life in a gym) so he helps me do weigh-lifting, body resistance training, and swimming. Weight is not a problem for me so I focus on strength with some cardio to keep my heart healthy.

I would love to hear what other people have enjoyed doing in the different stages!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Favorite Exercises?

• Options
    Hiking trails (not hard ones) and walking! I LOVE walking. I would put on that iPod and walk for an hour or more. Up hills and down, too, in order to increase the workout. I really think a lot and clear my head while walking, so it is such a great exercise to do when you have a lot on your mind, like a baby, or like trying to have a baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    During the first two trimesters I kept up my usual exercises: zumba, weight lifting classes, running, ellipitcal, step, hiking.  During the last tri I couldn't do much of that without feeling super uncomfortable so I scaled back to just walking (we live in the mountains so it is actually more like hiking) and weight lifting (I didn't decrease my weights at all).  Now at 2 weeks pp I'm walking and weight lifting (arms only, nothing with my legs yet) almost every day.  Good luck!!
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love hiking! I should do it more often!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"