TTC after 35
Options

Is there anyone out there that has done or doing IVF?

I started my first (and only i hope) IVF cycle. I began on the 16th of July. I actually had my ER today. I am freaking out about all i have read about ovarian hyperstimulation. I am 41yrs with a supportive husband who can't really deal with the details of the process. 

Is there anyone going through their cycle now?  

Re: Is there anyone out there that has done or doing IVF?

• Options

I did a cycle back in April,  I'm preparing for another cycle coming up in Sept.  How did your ER go?  What is your diagnosis?  OHSS is rare for those of us AMA since most are DOR at that age or are poor responders, although we did have a couple of ladies on the board with really great retrieval results recently, but I don't think any developed OHSS.

You can post over on the Infertility board, many ladies cycling through IVF there right now  (the July group is called July Sparklers, you will see their badge in their siggys).  Good luck with your IVF and let us know how it goes!

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Options

Thank you so much for your response. Sorry that you had to do another cycle ( I actually dread that idea)

My ER seem to go well, it was yesterday so i'm day 1 post ER. I feel ok just concerned because i have symptoms of UTI w/o the bleeding. I have read so much about OHSS that it makes me overwhelmed.

Anyway they retrieved 10 eggs, 8 matured and 4 embroyos are developing at pace.

I will look up July Sparklers now

Thank you again.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi nadeen,

Unless your doctor said you were at risk for OHSS, please try not to worry. It's my understanding that OHSS is only an issue if your E2 is very high, like over 4000, and they retrieve a lot (>20) of eggs. 

I had a lot of pressure "down there" for a few days after my 1st ER so what you are feeling might be normal, but definitely mention your symptoms to your doctor just in case. Pregnancy safe antibiotics can be prescribed if needed. I know this because I had a UTI the morning of an IUI!

Good luck with your 4 embryos! I hope you get your baby. 

• Options
    And, yes, I'm in an IVF cycle right now, but I'm way behind you. I'm only on day 2 of stims.
  • Options

Hi there,

We are days apart with our first (and hopefully only) IVF! And I will be 41 in a few weeks.  I also worried about OHSS and frankly I'm sort of annoyed they gave me such a strong dosage of Gonal F (I was a high responder with IUI's).  Anyway, I had 30 eggs retrieved, which sounds great in theory but actually both I and docs agree if we have to go thru this again, we'd reduce my meds significantly.  We only ended up with 4 to transfer.

As for symptoms - I feel ok - they told me to super hydrate which I was very good about the first few days and maybe not as much so the last few days.   Fingers crossed for both of us during this 2ww!  Feel free to PM me if you want/need more details since we seem to have a similar situation going on right now!

Me-42 DH-43 TTC #1 since 3/11
    HSG 7/11 showed possible blockage
    8/11 BFP, then early m/c  (Natural)
    9/11 blood tests reveal Factor V Leiden (heterozygous)
    11/11 Hysteroscopy revealed uterine septum, which was repaired
    12/11 1st round of Clomid (100mg)=BFN
    1/12 2nd round of Clomid (100mg)=BFN 
    2/12 Repeat HSG=All clear 
    2/12 IUI with injectables #1=BFN 
    3/12 natural cycle=BFN 
    4/12 IUI with injectables #2=C/P 
    7/12 IVF #1=30ER, 9F, 3T, 1 Frostie 7/29=BFP! 
    8/27/12 No Heartbeat. Waiting to M/C 
    9/13/12 D+C
    12/12 Operative Hysteroscopy 
    1/31/12  IVF#2 ...BFP 2/6 m/c 2/12 methotrexate due to presumed ectopic
    July '13 IVF #3: 13R, 10M, 8F=BFP
    1st Beta=549  2nd Beta 594 3rd Beta 422. M/C #5
    IVF#4 in November=BFP…TWINS!!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How do I PM you... I am soooo green in this site... LOL 
  • Options

Hi :) At the bottom of this message there should be a place where it says "contact" with my user name - if you click that, it will give you an option to send me a private message.  And to check them - if you scroll down in that left column, there is a place to click "Check Private Messages".  It's way at the bottom where it says "My boards".

Talk soon :) 

Me-42 DH-43 TTC #1 since 3/11
    HSG 7/11 showed possible blockage
    8/11 BFP, then early m/c  (Natural)
    9/11 blood tests reveal Factor V Leiden (heterozygous)
    11/11 Hysteroscopy revealed uterine septum, which was repaired
    12/11 1st round of Clomid (100mg)=BFN
    1/12 2nd round of Clomid (100mg)=BFN 
    2/12 Repeat HSG=All clear 
    2/12 IUI with injectables #1=BFN 
    3/12 natural cycle=BFN 
    4/12 IUI with injectables #2=C/P 
    7/12 IVF #1=30ER, 9F, 3T, 1 Frostie 7/29=BFP! 
    8/27/12 No Heartbeat. Waiting to M/C 
    9/13/12 D+C
    12/12 Operative Hysteroscopy 
    1/31/12  IVF#2 ...BFP 2/6 m/c 2/12 methotrexate due to presumed ectopic
    July '13 IVF #3: 13R, 10M, 8F=BFP
    1st Beta=549  2nd Beta 594 3rd Beta 422. M/C #5
    IVF#4 in November=BFP…TWINS!!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

*** Ticker Warning ***

We retrieved 23 eggs during my ER and my E2 levels were extremely high (over 5000). In fact, my RE had me coasting for a few days before trigger to bring it down a bit.

I did experience mild symptoms of OHSS, which combined with the severe constipation was BRUTAL. My ET was almost cancelled due to the OHSS. It sucked, but I didn't need hospitalization or anything. I just drank lots and lots of Gatorade and took Miralax for 7 days. I was able to move forward with ET and am now expecting twins. 

Trust me, you will KNOW if something is wrong!

Good luck.  

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"