Food Allergy
Options

Cooking Time Question

I am making an allergy-friendly zucchini pie for my son.  It contains: 2 egg yolks, hemp milk, shredded zucchini, and a pinch of salt & pepper.  The crust is just a layer of cooked quinoa.  

How long do you think this needs to be baked in the oven?  I'm not so good at making my own recipes, but DS was crying for zucchini pie (my MIL was making one that he totally couldn't have due to off limits ingredients.)  I decided to make my own mixture.  

HELPPPPP 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Cooking Time Question

• Options
    i would ask your MIL how long she cooks hers and then 10 mins before that start checking with a stick.
  • Options
    She cooks it for over an hour, but she has a casserole dish full of the mixture.  Mine is only about an inch up in a loaf pan.  Plus hers has a ton of other ingredients too- cheese, Bisquick, onions, etc.- that DS can't have. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLovinTim912:
    She cooks it for over an hour, but she has a casserole dish full of the mixture.  Mine is only about an inch up in a loaf pan.  Plus hers has a ton of other ingredients too- cheese, Bisquick, onions, etc.- that DS can't have. 

I would put it for 30 mins and then check ever 5 to 10 mins.  Unless you find a similar recipe, i don't think there is a way to know how much time.. it's all trial and error when you make your own recipes. 

The only thing i can think of is that cheese, bisquick, onions and many ingredients don't need a lot of time in the oven, it's the main ingredient so it may be closer to (or over) an hour also.

good luck! hope it comes out and the only way to find out is to try ;) i'm getting hungry.

• Options
    It's in the oven as we speak!  Hope he loves it!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"