Special Needs
Options

Speech, tantrums, fAS

DD is 2.5. No diagnosis yet except speech therapy. She's delayed at a 18 month level for expressive. And is working on attention deficit. She is also adopted at birth and her bio mom did drink. We don't yet have a diagnosis of a FAS. She has no facial features. But I wonder about the Alcohol related Neuro disorder  I honestly am walking on egg shells with her. Any transition whether it's going to the car, eating at the table or naps she will tantrum for 30 minutes. I mean screaming at the top of her lungs, crying and pissed. Most times I will hold her for half of this time until she settles.Shouldnt tantrums be getting better now that she's almost 2.5. She was never like this before. Around 2 it started and has progressively gotten worse.Thamks mommas!! And please advice!!:)
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Speech, tantrums, fAS

• Options
    I suggest seeing a neurologist, given the known alcohol exposure and your concerns
  • Options
    I agree that an evaluation would be VERY helpful. That must be SO tough. My heart goes out to you. Hang in there.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    I LOVE MY THREE KIDS! :)
    imageimageimage
    Want great discounts?? Want to earn free Scentsy or even earn some extra money??
    Click on the logo and ask me how!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Definitely ditto the neurologist referral.

Have you tried giving her warnings when a transition is coming? A 5 minute warning/2 minute warning/1 minute warning might help.

I hope things get better for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"