School-Aged Children
Options

Bedtime for 10 year old?

What is your typical bedtime (meaning when are they in bed, ready to sleep, not when you begin bedtime) and does it change when it's Summer?  If so, until when?

Re: Bedtime for 10 year old?

• Options
    During the school year 9pm, summer time 10pm.
  • Options
    9pm for school and summer.  We try to change sleeping schedules as little as possbile, just a family philosophy that that is what's best for kids.  We only let them stay up later during vacation and 10pm is our cut off then.  BTW this is for our 10 and 12 year old.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelittlemermaid:
    During the school year 9pm, summer time 10pm.

Same for my 10 year old. DS (15) is usually 10, and 10:30 on summer/weekends.

• Options
    Before she left for camp, my DD {almost 8} was going to bed around 9:30-10. She was reading for about an hour before then. Our deal is she can read as long as she wants after she gets ready for bed. In bed, teeth brushed, book in hand, she can be up until 11 if she wants...she would never make it that late though.
  • Options

My kids are 7 and 11.  During the school year we get up at 5:45, so they are in bed by 8:30.  They can read for a while after we say goodnight.  DS's light is usually out by 8:45.  DD reads until about 9:30.

During summer, we are more slack about bedtime, but they're usually in bed by 9.

This is probably going to change as DD gets older, but we've been given a break because she's very much a morning person.  She often wakes before 7, even in summer.  So, by 9 she's tired.

DS is totally the opposite.  It's the first day of summer, and he's still asleep as I type this at 8:58 am.  I'm going to wake him up now! 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options

My 9 year old's bedtime is 9:00 pm, but usually she doesn't get into bed until 9:30 during the school year (so lights out is 9:30). 

During the summer, we are more relaxed, but 9/9:30 is still our guide.  She has plenty of activities, etc. and I don't want her to be a slug!

• Options
    DS's bedtime is 8:30 on school nights, and 9:00 on weekends/summer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We do 9 during school and 10-10:30 in the summer. 
  • Options

Whew! Those are late!  My 9 year old goes to bed around 8 or 8:30.  But she does have to get up about 5:45.  She's almost never pitched a fit going to bed then and, to be honest, I go to bed only about an hour after.  

Maybe we're just really sleepy people.

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    My boys (9 1/2 and 8) have gone to bed all year at 7:30 on school nights - sometimes 8:00.  They got up at 7:00 am.  Sometimes they would lie awake a bit, or read, but for the most part we found they needed that time to be restful or they were bears the next day :)  It seems really early, but with all the activity they do, it was what worked best for us to keep them from being uber-tired, and it gave DH and I some free time as well in the evenings.
    *Lindsay*
    Wife & Mom of Three Great Kids (9,7,5)
    Baby #4 is on the Way
    Due 8.9.12!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

SD is 9, when in school her bedtime is 9 (bedtime routine is finished at 8:30, then she may watch tv or read for half an hour), over summer we let her stay up until 10.

DS is 6, when in school his bedtime is 8:30 (same deal as SD, bedtime routine is done at 8, then he reads or watches tv until 8:30), over summer we let him stay up until 9:30. 

We live right around the corner from the kids school, so they have the luxury of being able to sleep in longer than some on school days, which I like... I get to pack lunches in peace!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    9 for both
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"