May 2012 Moms
Options

Back to work...

Back to work for me today and I had such a hard time dropping her off at the sitter's this morning!! I don't even know why because she stayed with them all day yesterday while I ran errands and got ready. I guess it's just not the same when you don't have the option to run over and get her. It didn't even phase her though-she loves them! #BringOnTheWorkingMommyGuilt :(
First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
Then came a miscarriage March '11
Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
BabyFetus Ticker
VOTE on my Name List

Re: Back to work...

• Options
    Good luck!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member

It gets easier! For me, when I start missing her, I ask DH to text me some pics.  Is there a way for the sitter to text you some pics? 

I actually enjoy working because it provides a kind of balance.  I enjoy talking with other adults about things OTHER than baby stuff, as well as use my professional brain.  For me, it makes the days that I spend with her more special. :)

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go back in one week :( I don't want to and I am so nervous about it. Thankfully my MIL us watching our little one when we are both at work (which is only about twice a week) still though, it's going to be rough at first.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! They are emailing me an update during the day which makes it better. I got promoted while on my mat leave, so it's served as a really good distraction to be in a new place learning new things.
    First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    imageDrRx:

It gets easier! For me, when I start missing her, I ask DH to text me some pics.  Is there a way for the sitter to text you some pics? 

I actually enjoy working because it provides a kind of balance.  I enjoy talking with other adults about things OTHER than baby stuff, as well as use my professional brain.  For me, it makes the days that I spend with her more special. :)

This is the same for me too!  I find I enjoy being a mom and working because of the balance.  Each helps me appreciate the other more.  I enjoy being a mom and working.  I don't feel guilty about that!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options

So good to hear from other moms who are returning to work.

I start a new job on Wednesday next week and am so nervous!  Can't imagine how hard those first few days will be!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"