5 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Cramping

I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant, and I have been having serious cramps for about 2 weeks.  I thought it my period was coming, until yesterday when I found out i was pregnant!! =)  I'm just wondering if this is normal...it's starting to make me a little nervous.  I don't have my first doctors appt. till May 2nd, so i'll ask them then.  Just want to put my mind at ease in the meantime. 

Re: Cramping

• Options
    It's pretty normal I am 5.5 weeks and the same exact thing happened to me! Started cramping kept cramping for a week after my missed period and then decided to just  take a test.. After my fourth positive I scheduled an appt and was able to get seen right away.. The doc told me it was normal that our body is starting to get used to the pregnancy and our uterus was expanding.. So you should be fine :) my next appt is May 1st hope yours goes well! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same issue at 5 weeks. If you cysts or a cyst on your ovaries that can cause the cramping to be worse.  I have one cyst on the R ovary. You will pains here and there throughout your stomach, it's normal. Your uterus is growing and you just start to feel what's going on in there. Good luck! I am 5 weeks as well :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope its normal.  I'm only 5W1D and it feels like my insides are just being ripped out!  Its been like 5 days of this and it wakes me up at night 3 or 4 times.  I have them more often during the day than not, and its awful.  I have an ultrasound in a week and a half so I guess I'll see then if everything is ok.  I was pregnant in November and miscarried in January and did not have pain anywhere near this.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yes, it is all normal! I am on my 6th and I remember with my last 2 I cramped and with this one too. Im 5 weeks and I have been cramping for the past 5 weeks, I also thought I was going to start my period but I decided to take a test. I went to the ER on Mon due to some spotting I had that morning that I never experienced before while pregnant, they gave me an ultrasound and checked my HCG level and they told me I was 5 weeks and it could of been implantation spotting and a lot of women get have it. Well so far Im still cramping but no spotting Big Smile  I pray everything is well!
  • Options

I have been cramping for the last two weeks.  Everyday I thought I was about to start my period.  I never did and yesterday morning took a pregnancy test... it was positive.  From everything I am seeing it looks like this is normal, but my OBGYN wants to see me Monday.  Should I be worried?

My first apt. was originally scheduled for 5.21.12 where they said they would do a sono.

• Options
    Im 5 weeks today . Thought my cramps were PMS related  .. POAS BFP .. still cramping but its changed..  intermittent, swaps sides, goes into my butt sometimes ....  the last 2 times it started I took a short walk and it seemed to alleviate them ...  trying to push the water ... .. Congrats to everyone here .. 5 weeks down 35 to go !! 
               5 years IF & 2 losses

~~ DS Born 2/28/2013 ~~
                8lb 13 oz 22 inches 
    Happily expecting another miracle !
     EDD 11/20

• Options

I missed my period and didn't want to be disappointed again so I didn't even test, until I started spotting.  Got a BFP and rang my doctor. HCG was fine, progesterone low. Nothing on the U/S and I was put on progesterone.  The cramping and brown discharge lasted about 5 days and it's gone now.  But my bb's have also stopped being sore.  Today the doctor couldn't pick up anything from the U/S, so I'm waiting for the HCG and progesterone results tomorrow morning.  I've not had any severe cramping or bleeding, so I'm hoping that all will be well and it's not ectopic or anything like that.
  • Options
    By my count I'm almost 6 weeks, but the Dr says 5 weeks, and so does The Bump.
  • Options
    I have been having cramping off and on since I found out I was expecting 2 wks ago. Was starting to get worried so I went in to see thee doctor today.  Everything looked good and even got to see the heart beat!  I guess for me the cramping is normal.....always good to have it checked out though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"