May 2012 Moms
Options

Where is he going to sleep?

So my bassinet only goes up to 15 lbs and my baby is now 14.75 lbs.  Where is he going to sleep when he stays with family?  All of the pack and play bassinets max out at 15 lbs.  Are there any portable cribs that go beyond 15 lbs?  I have been unable to find any searching online.  Suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where is he going to sleep?

• Options

imagetheresat858:
    He can sleep in the main part of the pack n play  - remove the bassinet insert and use the main part as a crib.

Op I'm confused?? This is the obvious answer.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options

imagetheresat858:
    He can sleep in the main part of the pack n play  - remove the bassinet insert and use the main part as a crib.

That's what we did but I'm not sure if my mother will be able to bend over and pick him up from that low on the floor because it's hard on her back.  It would be different if it lowered on just one of the sides to be able to get him in and out, but I don't think it does that.  I have a graco pack n play.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebellelamb:

imagetheresat858:

and I'm confused as to why you felt it necessary to respond

• Options
    imageinspired4life:
    imagebellelamb:

imagetheresat858:

I didn't know if there was a reason you couldn't use the pnp w/o the bassinet piece? That's all.  

• Options
    imagebellelamb:
    imageinspired4life:
    imagebellelamb:

imagetheresat858:

I didn't know if there was a reason you couldn't use the pnp w/o the bassinet piece? That's all.  

Well he can't stand up and it's not the easiest thing for an older person (or even me) to bend over and pick him up from that low.  Especially at his weight.  It would be convenient if one side of it lowered so it would be easier to get him in and out.

• Options
    How about a travel bassinet? They have low sides. That could get you through at least until he can pull himself up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageinspired4life:
    imagebellelamb:
    imageinspired4life:
    imagebellelamb:

imagetheresat858:

Well he can't stand up and it's not the easiest thing for an older person (or even me) to bend over and pick him up from that low.  Especially at his weight.  It would be convenient if one side of it lowered so it would be easier to get him in and out.

My pack n play has a medium level below the bassinet and then the lowest level.  Did yours come with other pieces that maybe you didn't put together yet that has this medium level?  You really don't have to bend that low.

I have also seen travel pack n plays.  I am sure you can use them for a 15lb baby and I think they have a higher level you can set it at.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options

imagetheresat858:

That's what all of our nieces and nephews did - in fact, I don't think the ILs had the bassinet insert, so they just slept in the main part from a very young age. 

It IS a pain to put them in and pick them up, but it's a solution! 

• Options
    What about a leach co pillow?  If he's not rolling over yet, this is a great baby buy!!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    Rock and play?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This for me too.. We have the pooh one from BRS.  It's only about a foot/18inches down from the top of the pnp.  Check your manual maybe? I think most with the bassinet/changing table top have this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Even the middle level is only up to 15 lbs in most pnp.  Also all the other solutions only work until your child can start to push themselves up which comes long before standing.  They used to sell drop side mini cribs but like all drop side cribs they also have safety issues.  At some point you have to bend over and pick your kid up from a low mattress before they are standing in most travel  situations. 
  • Options
    Check out an arms reach cosleeper they go up 20 or 25 lbs believe.   I believe they can also be used as a pack n play or with all sides up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"