Health & Exercise
Options

XP from TN - Postpartum exercise ?

I posted this on the H&F board on the Nest, but haven't gotten any responses, so I figured I would post over here as well. I am a 28 - soon to be 29 - mom of 2 and a runner.  DH and I live a pretty healthy lifestyle and are active aside from running.

DD was born June 29th and I am looking forward to resuming my regular routine.  I ran up until 38 weeks pregnant and now I am a little over 3 weeks postpartum and can't wait to get back into running.  I had a c-section with DD and was wondering how many of you waited the full 6 weeks to resume exercise.  I really do not want to do anything to hinder my recovery, but I feel great and was wondering if anyone started exercise a little earlier - maybe around 4-5 weeks postpartum?

Any advice would be appreciated!  Thanks! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: XP from TN - Postpartum exercise ?

• Options
    Wait til you see your doc.  I had my follow up at 5 weeks and started walking at 6 weeks and run/walk by 7 weeks.  I was cleared at my 5 week appt.  If you are anxious, see if your OB will move your appt up to 4 weeks.  Most OB's around my area do 4 week follow ups rather then 6 week follow ups (at least for vaginal births, not sure about c-sections).  I will say to start slow.  My friend (a marathon runner) had a c-section and wasn't cleared to exercise until 10 weeks.  She said her first walk/run felt like a marathon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had a c section too and my dr would not let me do anything until 6 weeks because of the incision. Good luck!  

BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a vaginal delivery and started running at 4 weeks. Probably could have earlier. But for a C/S I'd definitely talk to your doctor. You could always do some lower impact working out (walking, lunges, light weight lifting) if you're going nuts before your doctor clears you to run.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"