Military Families

Frustrated

So what gives.... Why Do I have to wait until I am 10weeks to receive a ultra sound?This is with Langley by the way. Thanks Tia
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Frustrated

• I have Standard and see a civilian dr. ...I had to wait til 10 weeks too! Not sure if it's tricare or just standard practice! (I'm in Virginia Beach).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry ladies standard practice is not to have an ultrasound until btwn 8-10 weeks pregnant. Not much happens at the first several appointments any way, they will most likely be 6 weeks apart too...

I know its frustrating, but its worth the wait! :o) You want to be able to see your bean moving, and dancing around, and have a good strong heart beat!

Good Luck!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Loading the player...
  • LeLe25LeLe25 member
    Ok gotcha thank you.
  • At least you are getting one. I was told Tricare only pays for the 20 week ultrasound now. I didn't get the 10 ish week one. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only reason I had one at 8 or 10 weeks (don't remember now) was to see how far along I was since I had irregular cycles. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had one until the 20ish week anatomy scan. I was under the impresssion that they usually just do the anatomy scan unless there are other issues.

• TRICARE pays for any  ultrasound that has medical need. They don't make a blanket statement that they cover one ultrasound. It's all based on the needs of the pt and how your doctor codes the ultrasound. 
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • imageLemonLover33:
    TRICARE pays for any  ultrasound that has medical need. They don't make a blanket statement that they cover one ultrasound. It's all based on the needs of the pt and how your doctor codes the ultrasound. 

This.  

The PPs are right, though.  Standard practice across the board is to wait until 8-10 weeks for the first ultrasound.   

• imageLemonLover33:
    TRICARE pays for any  ultrasound that has medical need. They don't make a blanket statement that they cover one ultrasound. It's all based on the needs of the pt and how your doctor codes the ultrasound. 

This is true. We got a dating one at 10 weeks because we were not entirely sure when we got pregnant, then the standard A/S at 20 weeks. But, we're high risk, and Tricare has covered 3 more for a total of 5. 

• I have had a U/S at all of my appointments so far, because there were issues in the beginning so at 14 weeks i have had 6 so far. It just depends on your pregnancy and what you need. Tricare has covered all my expenses including two hospital visits and an ambulance ride. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• LeLe25LeLe25 member
    Wow ok thanks ladies I had no idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"