Health & Exercise
Options

Gaining More Than 1 Pound a Week?

Hi all! I have been exercising almost every day all through this pregnancy (24 weeks tomorrow!), but am concerned about how I seem to be gaining a smidge more than the recommended pound-a-week! I walk at least a mile and a half and lift weights (which I did pre-pregnancy and take care with) for at least twenty minutes a day. Maybe I'm eating too much despite my exercising? I'm so hungry, though! What do y'all think?? Is anyone else experiencing a little too much weight gain?
IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Gaining More Than 1 Pound a Week?

• Options
    I think it's unrealistic for doctors to think you can just gain 35 pounds during pregnancy.  I would have loved to only gain that much BUT all the women in my family gain a butt load of weight.  you will loose it don't worry about it.  definitely eat....i was starving my whole pregnancy and had to eat 6 meals a day
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never gained one pound a week, in either of my pregnancies! It was all over the board. I'd just listen to your body and not get on the scale so much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhhh yes, I walk almost every other day and eat fairly healthy, but I have yet to gain the recommended 1 lb. per week....it is always almost double the "recommended" amount at each visit. I would say I have gained about 30 lbs. so far and I am 33 weeks...I've been blessed to have a very healthy, problem free pregnancy so far, and feel like the weight gain is okay - I'm hoping that all the extra padding is helping to build a healthy little boy! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"