New Jersey Babies
Options

NJ State Disability Question

Hello!  I can't seem to find any clear information about NJ state disability during pregnancy.

My company offers STD for 6 weeks paid as part of the total 12 weeks my job is protected under FMLA. So the last 6 weeks are unpaid.

I understand that through NJ State disability I can get 2/3 of my salary paid for 6 weeks (vaginal) and 8 weeks (c-section).  I am hoping this covers my other 6 weeks that would normally go unpaid through my company.  Is this the case?  Do I have to file the claim immediately after giving birth or can I wait till my company's 6 weeks STD is up?  If they are both effective at the same time will I still get the full 2/3 of my pay?

Any information would be helpful - thank you! 

Re: NJ State Disability Question

• Options

Your STD through your company is from NJ-this will cover the 6 weeks or 8 weeks. You are then elegible for NJ Family Leave Insurance which will cover up to 60% of your salary for 6 weeks. FMLA runs concurrently protecting your job.

just as an example-the 1st 6 weeks I was getting paid 100% of my salary. 60% came from NJ state and the rest was through my employer. Once the 6 weeks were up I received a notice from NJ state for the insurance. Then I was paid an additional 6 weeks at 60% from the state. 

STD is being paid through the state not through your company but they may require you to exhaust all your vacation time, etc.

• Options
    PP is exactly right.  You will get 6 or 8 weeks depending on how you deliver of STD through the state UNLESS your company has private insurance (not typical).  After your disability ends, you will receive paperwork to fill out to receive NJFLI.  THis is a new added 6w of pay that just started being offered in July 09 to NJ residents.  So you will get 12-14 weeks paid @ 66%. 
    BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"