TTC after 35

The more I think about it the more confused I get......help :(

I am so confused. I'm trying to figure out my dpo and if AF will be later in cycle. So here it goes....

~I had trigger & IUI on CD12 (8-13) ((I have always had previous IUI's on CD 14/15))

~I did NOT have a + OPK until CD13. (Im new to OPK's, so would I have O'ed on CD 13 or 14?)

So...I'm not 13dpo, but I am 13dpiui. Right? But what is my dpo? And will AF come at regular time CD 27 /28 or earlier since in O'ed earlier...I hope I havent completely confused anyone....lol. Other than myself...geesh.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The more I think about it the more confused I get......help :(

• Well i think I can try to sort this out.. lol. Since you had the trigger, I would totally ignore the + OPK, The trigger will cause you to ovulate anywhere from 24-36 hours after it's given so I'd count from the time you took the trigger to at least 36 hours and that would be your O day, that could mean you O'd either cd13 or 14. So usually your dpiui day is at least a day ahead of O day but not always.

Whenever I've used the trigger, I've used the dpiui to figure out when to test. Just as an FYI, I've had trigger's stay in my system anywhere from 9 days to 12 days past, even w/ the same amounts of hcg, so the safest thing to do is wait until at least 14 dpiui to get a valid test. Your luteal phase will still be based on your O day, so I'd count from cd13/14 to figure out when or when not to expect AF!

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagedhreczuck:

Well i think I can try to sort this out.. lol. Since you had the trigger, I would totally ignore the + OPK, The trigger will cause you to ovulate anywhere from 24-36 hours after it's given so I'd count from the time you took the trigger to at least 36 hours and that would be your O day, that could mean you O'd either cd13 or 14. So usually your dpiui day is at least a day ahead of O day but not always.

Whenever I've used the trigger, I've used the dpiui to figure out when to test. Just as an FYI, I've had trigger's stay in my system anywhere from 9 days to 12 days past, even w/ the same amounts of hcg, so the safest thing to do is wait until at least 14 dpiui to get a valid test. Your luteal phase will still be based on your O day, so I'd count from cd13/14 to figure out when or when not to expect AF!

Ha! Thanks, you make it sound so simple...I had a BFN today :( and I'm guessing it's not too early.....my doc will insist that I do Beta if no AF by tomorrow....or they wont give me Rx for meds. (to be on the safe side)

• Loading the player...
  • imagePetraStonegirl:

Dhreczuck gave great info, but something is bugging me about the timeline you gave. 

Did you really trigger and IUI on the same day? Are you with an OB or an RE?

The reason that I ask, is that you will ovulate 24-36 hours after trigger. But, washed sperm will only survive 12 hours after washing. Because of that, it's common practice to trigger either at night 36 hours before a morning IUI, or 24 hours before IUI.

I'm worried that if you triggered and they did the IUI the same day, the sperm were gone before the egg released. 

I'm not trying to instill doubt or worries, but if you aren't receiving reasonable care, then you deserve a better doctor.  

I did think the same thing, since you haven't had beta yet i didn't want to bring it up, but I've never heard of the trigger and IUI on the same day either. Washed sperm really doesn't last that long.  If this cycle isn't it for you, I'd ask your Dr about it.

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!

• imagePetraStonegirl:

Dhreczuck gave great info, but something is bugging me about the timeline you gave. 

Did you really trigger and IUI on the same day? Are you with an OB or an RE?

The reason that I ask, is that you will ovulate 24-36 hours after trigger. But, washed sperm will only survive 12 hours after washing. Because of that, it's common practice to trigger either at night 36 hours before a morning IUI, or 24 hours before IUI.

I'm worried that if you triggered and they did the IUI the same day, the sperm were gone before the egg released. 

I'm not trying to instill doubt or worries, but if you aren't receiving reasonable care, then you deserve a better doctor.  

I know where you are coming from, I was not pleased to receive both the trigger and IUI the same day. I am with an OBGYN, the closest RE to me is 4 hours away :( unfortunately. Usually, well always, I have han IUI 24 hrs after trigger.

I asked him why both in same day and he said I had already started to O, even though my OPK was -, so I dont know......

• Well if they checked your LH, it could definately be possible you were already surging on your own. I questioned why my first IUI was 24 hrs and the last 2 were more like 36 but RE said it was based on my LH levels in my bloodwork. Though I don't know how that would correlate to your - opks.
    nate and teddy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"