Preemies

Have you ever noticed..

That until the day something becomes part of your life you don't realize how much it surrounded you before hand?

Before my LO was born I never noticed how many other people I know and love in my life were actually also preemies. I find it comforting in truth, because science has evolved so much since they were all born and so it gives me a lot more hope that my son will live a happy fulfilling life. Although I will love him no matter what but really. My Uncle was born a preemie in the 50s and is now a retired Major from the Air Force, my Father-in-law was a preemie in the 60s and climbs 14er's here in Colorado, my DH and his twin brother were born not in the same hospital but the one next door to where my son currently is at 26 weeks. My husband has been told he has a marathoners heart and he and his brother were known as million dollar babies when they were born. I've seen the newspaper clippings, heh. Even my brother was a preemie and he is one of the smartest people I know.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed any similar trends in their family and friends? 

My Blog: The Future is Green
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Hospitalized 6/11/12 - Flynn Born 6/16/12 at 31w3ds - Me: Released on 7/2/12 - Flynn Off O2 on 7/18/12 - Started on Demand Feeding on 7/27/12 - Finally home! 7/30/12 image image image image image

Re: Have you ever noticed..

• I've heard that preemies can run in families.  My older sister was a preemie and my mom had IUGR with her, which I had with DS.

My sister is the only other preemie I know of in my family, however, ever since DS was born, I've come to realize just how many (early) preemies are out there!  It seems like I run into at least one person a week who was a preemie, had a preemie, or has one in their family.  We even had a Jehovah's Witness come to the door a couple months ago with her son, who was born 9 weeks early.  It just amazes me how many we meet now that we have one. 

IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"