Georgia Babies

Shots at 3 yr check?

Are there any shots given at the 3 year well-check?  Wondering what I need to be geared up for!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shots at 3 yr check?

• imagesusangilchrist:
    Are there any shots given at the 3 year well-check?  Wondering what I need to be geared up for!!

Good question - the 4 yr. post is scaring the *** out of me!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• There were no shots for our 3 year checkup.  There was a finger prick, though.  Apparently 4 is the worst.
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine didn't get any shots at their 3 year check-up. They didn't get a finger prick either. They just asked them questions and had them do things to make sure they were developing okay. I was so relieved.

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kegkeg member

We didn't have any.  The only situation where I think you'd be facing shots is if your 3 year old visit corresponds to when the flu shot is out.  DDs BD is the end of December so we did their flu shots earlier. 

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• We had Bailey's today. It was blood pressure, weight, height, then just listening to lungs, heart, checking reflexes. No shots or finger prick.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We had one shot at 3 years, but that was because they had been out of it at the time she was supposed to get it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• imageDaisy22:
    We had Bailey's today. It was blood pressure, weight, height, then just listening to lungs, heart, checking reflexes. No shots or finger prick.
     Ditto Daisy22!  3 was probably the easiest check up ever!  I too am dreading the 4 year check up.  :(
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Only the flu shot (September so right at the beginning of flu season.) dreading 4 year appointment. 
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • It all depends!! Normally if they're up to date on all vaccines they shouldn't have to worry about any shots until the 4yr check up, you may have a finger stick depending on what your physician prefers. You can always call the office before your appt and ask them to check and see if your child is up to date, that way you know for sure and there are no surprises! Hope all goes well!! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"