Trying to Get Pregnant

Can a OPK stay positive after ovulation?

I googled and couldn't find a straight answer so wondering if you girls know. If you want you can look at my chart. I think I ovulated today but not sure yet and I got a positive OPK today and yesterday.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image
My Ovulation Chart
early m/c 09/05, early m/c 02/08,and missed m/c 04/12 at 16 weeks **I was Diagnosed with Factor V Leiden & Heterozygous Mthfr 02/08 I was put on Lovenox while pregnant with my daughter and will also be for my next pregnancy

Re: Can a OPK stay positive after ovulation?

• cls78cls78 member
    It looks like you could of oed yesterday.  I would keep humping it out.  GL!
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • cls78cls78 member
    imagelennixe:
    O.M.G.
    Lol I just noticed who posted this.  
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• The short answer is usually no, but there can be exceptions.
    That is unless you have elevated LH anyway. If you have higher than avg LH present then it will turn the OPK no matter when you take it.
    Here is the information I was able to find via Google. The search term was "can an OPK be positive after ovulation?"
    The OPK helps you predict when you are about to ovulate. Ovulation usually happens within 12-36 hours after the OPK first turns positive.
    many will show a faint line with lower LH levels. If your result line often has significant color, you should consider trying another brand, and if it's still positive for many days in a row, then you may want to see your doctor and test your LH levels on the third day of your next cycle to see if your hormone levels are elevated. 
    It's possible to have a positive OPK without ovulating. The OPK does not test for ovulation, but for the LH hormone, which usually precedes ovulation and which stimulates the egg to ovulate. A positive OPK without ovulation can happen under the following circumstances: 1. LUFS (luteinized unruptured follicle sydrome) where there is a surge in LH but no egg is released. 2. Premature ovarian failure 3. Menopause 
    Making love after ovulation won't get you pregnant, so if you rely on the OPK and you wait to have sex only when the test becomes positive, you may decrease your chances of getting pregnant. -------
    It's good that you tried google & hope this helps. OPK in my opinion seem more confusing than helpful, but I haven't used them yet for TTC. Charting is much more reliable & if you feel unsure using them you might consider ditching them in favor of very mindful charting. Good luck.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• From my limited knowledge of charting, I would say you O'd yesterday. Hopefully you had sex the night before last to catch it! As others have said, hump it out.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Thank you!
    My Ovulation Chart
    early m/c 09/05, early m/c 02/08,and missed m/c 04/12 at 16 weeks **I was Diagnosed with Factor V Leiden & Heterozygous Mthfr 02/08 I was put on Lovenox while pregnant with my daughter and will also be for my next pregnancy
  • imagePrimRoseMama:
    From my limited knowledge of charting, I would say you O'd yesterday. Hopefully you had sex the night before last to catch it! As others have said, hump it out.

Don't.feed.the.troll. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am not a troll! 

And thank you PrimRose for the info!  

My Ovulation Chart
  • imagekristykay123:

imagePrimRoseMama:
    From my limited knowledge of charting, I would say you O'd yesterday. Hopefully you had sex the night before last to catch it! As others have said, hump it out.

Don't.feed.the.troll. 

Sorry KK. I just figured that this question would be a common one.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• imageCLECyclist:

imagePrimRoseMama:

Sorry KK. I just figured that this question would be a common one.

All of her questions are common ones. Ones that she could answer herself if she wasn't so d@mn lazy. (Yes I see that she claims to have Googled it but she's either lying or a crap Googler)

That is true. Well, I was feeling nice & maybe the info will help others or something. Lol no good deed goes unpunished. Stick out tongue 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• imageJonathansMommy:
    I googled and couldn't find a straight answer so wondering if you girls know. If you want you can look at my chart. I think I ovulated today but not sure yet and I got a positive OPK today and yesterday.

A request from ismokedpotwithjohnnyhopkins

TTC #1 since Feb 2012 /// Diagnosed with PCOS (@16) annovulatory

• imageJonathansMommy:

• bump burp

• imageJonathansMommy:

• imageJonBon18:

imageJonathansMommy:

LOL yes! And I love how you posted it like 5 times haha. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekristykay123:

LOL it was my crazy internet... I was trying to edit them, but I think they send a better message like that :)

• imagekristykay123:

LOL it was my crazy internet... I was trying to edit them, but I think they send a better message like that :)

• Bump burp again, sorry! Stupid internet...

• imageJonBon18:
    imagekristykay123:

Umm no I don't care!  I'm not leaving until I get pregnant.  Some goes do answer my questions and I appreciate that! 

My Ovulation Chart
  • aquachicaquachic member
    edited February 2014
    You are a jerk, CLECyclist.  Where better than here for a person to ask questions?  There's no need for negativity with a person who is just trying to learn something.
  • aquachic said:

You are a jerk.  Where better than here for a person to ask questions?  There's no need for negativity with a person who is just trying to learn something.

Bored?
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • OMG, I thought JonathansMommy was back for a minute and got excited....then I realized that @aquachic bumped up a 2 year old thread to tell us what big meanies we are.  How original.
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • janda426janda426 member
    edited February 2014
    aquachic said:

You are a jerk, CLECyclist.  Where better than here for a person to ask questions?  There's no need for negativity with a person who is just trying to learn something.

Oh she edited it. You're a little late to the party.

Edit late* not lady
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Two thousand twelllllllve.

• When people search for this answer (like I did), this post comes up (regardless of its age).  It's still relevant, and there is no statute of limitations on meanness. 
    By the way, ummm, you people who responded negatively to me are reading the same thing I am, are you not?
    One would think moms or want-to-be moms would be compassionate.
  • aquachic said:

When people search for this answer (like I did), this post comes up (regardless of its age).  It's still relevant, and there is no statute of limitations on meanness. 
    By the way, ummm, you people who responded negatively to me are reading the same thing I am, are you not?

Its 100% not relevant. It's almost 2 fucking years old. Move along stranger, no one asked for your opinion.
  • PatheticTTCPatheticTTC member
    edited February 2014
    aquachic said:
    When people search for this answer (like I did), this post comes up (regardless of its age).  It's still relevant, and there is no statute of limitations on meanness. 

I applaud you, @aquachic, for sticking up for the OP. I'm sure she was an innocent poster who never did anything to annoy or irritate the other members of the community. Bravo to you for jumping right in to defend her without worrying about pesky things like context or her history with the board. One doesn't need to be up to speed with how a community works before pointing out to them how wrong they are.

Edit typo
    BFP#1 6/2013: MMC 8/2013 @ 6 wks, 3 d
    BFP#2 1/2014: CP 1/2014 @ 3 wks, 4 d
    BFP#3 4/2014: MC 4/2014 @ 4 wks, 1 d
    Break until Dec 2014
    Femara, aspirin and progesterone started 12/2015
    Still working on #2!

• aquachic said:

Everyone knows that statute of limitations on meanness is 1 year. You're late, I'm sorry. 
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"