1st Trimester

Anyone else super sick????

I need help!!!!  I didn't get out of bed until 1 in the afternoon today.  I seriously feel like I have the flu or something!!  (Which I do think I am getting a cold).  All I do all day is throw up, the doctor called me in Phenergan and Zofran.  Both of those help some, but I'm still so so so tired and constipated and nauseous.  Anybody know anything that will help or how long this will last????

Re: Anyone else super sick????

• I am in the same boat!! Please let me know if you find a solution...
  • imageLillyBug923:
    I am in the same boat!! Please let me know if you find a solution...

At least I don't feel so alone now!!  

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat.  Zofran didn't help this time (helped when I was pg with dd).  I hardly keep anything down - maybe 1 meal a day, if I'm lucky!  I tend to get sick all day - which is especially fun at work.  :)

My m/s started at 7w3d, and is still going strong.  I have had a couple of days with nothing.....followed by days of non-stop throwing up.  So, not sure, but I know it won't last forever.  :)  I've already lost 12 lbs!

Good luck!

• I was feeling pretty good up until about 2 weeks ago.  I'll have one good day where I'm not sick at all and I can eat pretty much anything; then the next day will be horrible, I have to lay around all day and just eat a little bit here and there. 

I asked my mom how long she was sick and she told me "the first 4 or 5 months"  Someone might have to kill me know!

• I have had hyper-emesis throughout my entire pregnancy. I've tried everything, and have finally been able to find relieve with a steroid treatment that they gave me as an inpatient when I was 17 wks. This site was a godsend! Hope you find something that may help you! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! Hang in there!

https://www.hyperemesis.org/

Good Luck!

• I wasn't at first, but today I've had a little trouble with the nausea.. been a little dizzy and just haven't felt well in general today. I really hope it's just today and not a m/s thing.. yuck!?
  • I wish I knew something that would help you girls!  I was the same way.  Zofran helped some but did not get rid of it for me.  It didn't get any better for me until 15-16 weeks.  And now some of it is coming back.  Sorry you girls are so sick!  Hopefully yours will go away quickly and not come back!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejilliancofer:

I was feeling pretty good up until about 2 weeks ago.  I'll have one good day where I'm not sick at all and I can eat pretty much anything; then the next day will be horrible, I have to lay around all day and just eat a little bit here and there. 

I asked my mom how long she was sick and she told me "the first 4 or 5 months"  Someone might have to kill me know!

This sounds like me! Some good days others are terrible. I just hate feeling sick at work. I am a teacher and it is virtually impossible to just walk out of my classroom when I feel awful!

• I've only thrown up once so far, but the nausea gets pretty bad sometimes. And now I have a cold on top of it, so it's even worse! I had a few good days at the beginning of last week, but for the past few days I've been really nauseous and super tired. This was the first holiday ever that I couldn't eat dessert!
  • one thing that might help is to try and get in some extra fiber. If i'm all stopped up, my stomach just feels awful.  Also have you tried candied ginger, or ginger ale? that always calms my stomach down :) Hope you feel better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You just described exactly how I am feeling! It just started on Weds. and has been going strong ever since. I am really worried about getting through work tomorrow. Any tips for surviving m/s at work?
  • I've been going through this since about 9 1/2 weeks, and its starting to taper off a bit - I still have really bad days, but it is no longer all day every day. I'm on Zofran as well, and it helps but like you I still feel tired, worn out and have the constipation issues - it also gives me horrible headaches. My best advice is to just get as much rest and drink as much fluids as you can. I have a hard time stomaching water, so I drink a ton of gatorade. Eat what you can too, even when its hard to think of something that sounds good - just eat whatever will stay down.

I really hope you feel better, it isn't very fun but it will pass. My doctor said it could be until around 16 weeks when I start feeling back to normal (well, as normal as you can feel in pregnancy) again. 

• I have been experiencing this for the last 2 weeks.  Just be careful that you don't get dehydrated!  I had to go to the ER once and then my doctor admitted me to the hospital for 2 days, I had to be on IV's with fluids and vitamins.  It was awful.  I couldn't keep down anything, not even water.  They gave me zofran and it helps most of the time, but not always.  My mom keeps telling me all of this nausea/vomiting will go away in about 3 weeks and I really hope she is right! 
  • imageLFbride:
    You just described exactly how I am feeling! It just started on Weds. and has been going strong ever since. I am really worried about getting through work tomorrow. Any tips for surviving m/s at work?

Luckily at work when I am feeling really bad I am able to close the door to my office.  I work in accounting so I don't have to do a lot of face to face with our customers.  I do have a very understanding boss and I just tell her that I feel horrible and need a few minutes to lay down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"