Worried — The Bump
Military Families

Worried

My husband deployed to Afghanistan a few days after we found out I was pregnant. We were trying for about six months before it happened so we were both so excited that it worked out for us since it was literally our last chance before he left.  When he left I hadn't gained any weight yet, was in good shape, and worked out often.  I am still pretty active and eating healthy and have gained 23 pounds at 33 weeks.  The Skype and internet connection haven't been the greatest the past couple of months so he doesn't really know how big i'm getting.  I'm just worried that when he comes home to me being nine months pregnant he's not going to be attracted to me.  I know it's not like I just gained a bunch of weight for no reason but i'm just worried that since he didn't have time to get used to my body changing so much that he's just going to be really weirded out by it.  

I've talked to him about it a little bit but we don't get to talk that much so I don't want to spend half of our phone call whining about what might happen when he gets home.  

Does anyone have experience with a similar situation?   Any advice or suggestions would help.  Thanks so much :) 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Worried

• He's your husband. I imagine he didn't just marry you for your looks. I'm not as far along and I already feel like a cow but my husband insists I look beautiful. I think you're stressing for nothing; he's going to think you're gorgeous no matter what.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehansonam446:
    He's your husband. I imagine he didn't just marry you for your looks. I'm not as far along and I already feel like a cow but my husband insists I look beautiful. I think you're stressing for nothing; he's going to think you're gorgeous no matter what.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Plus, I'm sure he'll be super excited about the arrival of your baby :D 

• Loading the player...
  • I was worried about that too and it was definitely not an issue. Stop stressing!
  • I wouldn't stress about it. Pregnancy is beautiful.
    He may be slightly wierded out. just being honest, because he remembers your body how it was before he left. It won't last long.

Congratulations by the way!!! 

• imagejessilynnwilliams:

imagehansonam446:
    He's your husband. I imagine he didn't just marry you for your looks. I'm not as far along and I already feel like a cow but my husband insists I look beautiful. I think you're stressing for nothing; he's going to think you're gorgeous no matter what.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Plus, I'm sure he'll be super excited about the arrival of your baby :D 

I agree, don't stress over the things that are probably not as you may think they seem. I still remember my DH looking at me and saying "You are so beautiful." Just enjoy it and the end rewards.

DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 34 weeks and up 33lbs so you're doing awesome! I'm sure your body change will be different for him but he doesnt live in a cave. Every man knows what happens to a pregnant woman's body. If he didn't expect your body to have changed then he must be very sheltered which I highly doubt is the case. Just stay positive and think in 7 more weeks you'll have a baby and your body can start to recover. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards