March 2012 Moms

Teachers

OMG I just took my little one to meet his baby sitter today!  He only has two more weeks with me at home!!! I know I should not be complaining, there are plenty of moms here that have already taken their kids to daycare.  I think it made it harder being home with him for so long, and now having to give that up.  ./pout

Re: Teachers

• WipzWipz member

It's rough to start with... having the security cam we bought  helps a lot, it's cool to be able to just pick up my phone and see my boys :)

It will get easier and I am sure your lil guy will make sure he saves his biggest smiles for when mommy comes to get him.  Apparently our little guy starts pouting just when it's time to go get momma..and today he actually started saying momma momma till daddy left to come get me from work.. awww

never mind that by the time they got to where I work which is less than a ten minute drive.. said lil man was fast asleep LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Everything you said I've been feeling. I've been home with my twins since March and I am dreading the day I have to take them to daycare. It's a transition I know has to happen, but it doesn't make it easier. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel the exact same way.  I know that I am so incredibly lucky that I will have had 5 1/2 months home with DS when I have to return to work, there are so many moms that got much less time home with their LOs.  But that doesn't make it easier for me to think about!  I'm relying on a heavy diet of denial at this point.  I'm only going back part time, but thinking about leaving DS every other day just makes me ache.  I know that he'll be fine and once we actually get into the swing of things, it won't be horrible, but thinking about that transition.. ugh.. it makes me so sad :(
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Part of me hates the thought of leaving DD to go back to work, but I also miss my coworkers, my students, my subject matter, and time with other adults.  I am fortunate that my mom and MIL will be watching DD, so I think that makes it a little easier for me.  I am good with my mom watching her and a little nervous about MIL, but my mom only lives 2 blocks away.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kel716kel716 member
    I am soooo in denial that we start back up in about 4 weeks.  I know I'll be fine once I get into my routine, but I absolutely love being home.  I also know that I like my job, and I did go back for the last 3 days of the school year, so I got a small taste then. 
  • I had to go back for the last 7 weeks of last year and that was hard, but she was staying with DH.  When I go back in two weeks she'll be staying with a babysitter.  I think it'll be harder this time because when I went back last, she was still in the eat-sleep-eat-sleep-maybe a tiny bit of play-eat-sleep cycle.  Now she's moving all over the place and playing with her toys and learning so much so quickly.  I'm sad to miss out on all of it!  

Before she was born I was very adamant that I would always be a working mom.  I just couldn't see giving up a career I love when I knew we could find a good babysitter.  Now, though, I'd be a SAHM if we could afford it!  It's funny how having kids can change things!

• I am not complaining because I get to be at home with DD until she is 1, but I am dreading that day when I have to take her to day care.  I think it may be harder to do at that age because she will be so much more aware of what is going on, and will be used to being with me all the time.  Luckily I will be supply teaching to start, so it may mean that I won't have to do it every day.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am not a teacher but DH is.  DD has been home with him for the past month since I went back to work.  I am so dreading the transition to daycare in 3 weeks.  I know she will be fine, DS already goes to the center and does well but I am still dreading it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"