June 2012 Moms

Your LO nap/awake time?

What is your LO nap and awake times at about 1 month? Some days I feel like DS is sleeping all the time but I try never to let him go longer than 3 hour stretches during the day. He is gaining weight just fine and has good wet/dirty diaper output. I just want to see how everyone else's LO typical day is like?

Re: Your LO nap/awake time?

• On a good day (as in we're home all day and can do our "usual" things - no sleeping in my arms, no visitors, etc and we haven't been out all day the day before - I find his "bad" days are the day following being out all day), LO wakes between 7am and 8am to eat, then he goes back down until 9am-10am, when he finally wakes up for the day. He'll eat again and then be awake until around 12pm-12:30pm when he goes down for a nap. He'll usually sleep until about 1:30pm-2:30pm. Then he eats again, and stays awake until about 4:30pm-5pm. He usually takes a short nap, like around 30 minutes to an hour. Then he's up, eats, and goes down around 7:30pm. Then he's up at 10pm, I give him his vitamin D drop, make sure he gets a good feeding, and then he goes down to sleep at 11pm until 3am-5am. He is up to eat then and is usually back to sleep in 30-45minutes.

We swaddle for all naps and for the night. If we're out all day, this loose schedule goes totally out the window. I feed on demand and he'll sleep pretty much all day in people's arms. Those nights are a bit more of a struggle to get him down for the night, but the latest he goes down is about 11:30pm.  Oh, and I don't wake him up from naps, even if he was to sleep for 4 hours during the day (which he has done a couple times). It never throws off his night schedule so I don't see any need for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At one month he was waking twice a night (4 hour and 3 hour stretches). After the second nursing in the morning he'd cat nap about 1-2 hours and nurse again and then take a longer nap. Nurse again and repeat 2-3 hour nap. Then he'd cluster feed at night from 6-8 before going down for the four hour stretch between 9 and 10. 
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageStarbear06:
    What is your LO nap and awake times at about 1 month? Some days I feel like DS is sleeping all the time but I try never to let him go longer than 3 hour stretches during the day. He is gaining weight just fine and has good wet/dirty diaper output. I just want to see how everyone else's LO typical day is like?

My son is a month a half & he takes short naps during the day (maybe 1-2 hours, sometimes 45 min). He's awake a lot more now during the day than the first few weeks he was born.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • No real sleep pattern. She doesn't sleep much during the day most of the time, maybe a couple 10-20 minute catnaps. Very infrequently she will sleep the day away. I would say most nights she'll sleep at least 1 three hour stretch and then maybe a 2 hour stretch, but sometimes she decides she wants to be up for the day at 3 am.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"