Food Allergy

XP: Elecare or Neocate babies?

Sigh...

I stopped bfing Ari due to MSPI and started him on regular Nutramigen. He had been doing great but has taken a turn for the worse in the last week.

He is now vomiting at least 2 bottles a day and had blood in his stool yesterday. Dr. is concerned about dehydration. We are scheduling an u/s to make sure there isn't any obstruction in his intestines and then will meet with a pedi GI.

I feel SO bad for him. I hate that we have to switch his feedings again. He had a very hard time getting on the Nutramigen (understandable) and I really don't want him to go through all of that again.  

I feel guilty enough about stopping bfing and now all of this. I know now that he has some serious allergies, it just makes me so scared for him.  

Anyone else with something similar? Or any advice?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Elecare or Neocate babies?

• I replied in the other post. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS was on Elecare from 12 weeks until 1 year(outgrew MSPI). He did amazing on it. Diapers cleared up within 24 hours. No more spitting up(he never threw up), and was a happier baby. I still feel guilty about not breastfeeding, BUT he is happy and healthy.

Good luck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Both of my boys are Neocate babies.  My youngest is on Neocate infant and my oldest is on Neocate Jr.  It is the only thing that has worked for them.  My oldest lives on it, he has a feeding tube, since he has severe EoE and can't eat normal food.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aidan is almost 19 months old, and LIVES on Neocate Jr.  Best decision I've ever made, along with his feeding tube.  Like the poster above, my son has severe EoE and EC and has zero other foods.  Neocate saved his life.

I felt really guilty giving up breastfeeding, but ultimately, all that matters is that his little body gets what it needs.  In Aidan's case, my breastmilk was NOT what he needed.

Good luck - this is so hard, feel free to ask any questions you have.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"