Multiples
Options

Torticollis anyone?

My girls are going to PT for the first time for torticollis.  It is really obvious with one of my girls but not the other.  Did any of you have that with your multiples?  If so, did PT help?  Thanks for your thoughts! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Torticollis anyone?

• Options
    Hi- Yes, one of my twin girls had (has) this. PT did help- it is alot of work though. She does still flop her head to the one side if she falls asleep in the car seat, and the back of her head is a little bit flat ( i chose not to put her in t a helmet - hers was not severe) I had to stretch her neck each day which was the most challenging part because she didn't want to be held down for the stretch and would cry. I think the earlier you catch it the better- we didn't catch hers until 9 months. Good luck!
  • Options
    Both girls ha a slight case and a luttle flattening on the side they favored. They haven't yet been sent to PT but they did have me roll a blanket and have them sleep on their side in the opposite direction. It helped and now actually the girls tend to go to the other side on their own. They are about a month younger than yours though. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS1 had a mild case that in my first time mom paranoia had the Pedi give me instructions for the stretches at their 2 month appt.  DS1 also had a slight flat spot that repositioning helped.  He now has a nice round head. 

• Options
    imagechickaboo1974:

DS1 had a mild case that in my first time mom paranoia had the Pedi give me instructions for the stretches at their 2 month appt.  DS1 also had a slight flat spot that repositioning helped.  He now has a nice round head. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Notes:
  • Options
    imageakaMrsL:
    imagechickaboo1974:

This was me too :-)  My pedi said to do the stretches at every  diaper change.  It got much easier and just became part of our routine.  Good Luck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Notes:
  • Options
    My son had it.  He had a slight flattening of the head on one side.  PT helped, along with the stretches, and monitoring how he layed.  Good luck!
    several failed cycles on clomid and lose dose injectibles, IUI #1 2009 - BFN IUI #2 2009 - BFP - boy/girl twins born at 31 weeks. IVF #1= BFN; FET #1 = c/p; FET #2 = c/p, FET #3 = negative, FET #4 = positive, baby stillborn at 24 weeks.  
  • Options
    DD #2 (who was born at 32 weeks) had it and PT made it all better. Her head was getting a flat spot, but it's completely gone now.
    Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ian has torticollis and plegiocephly (flat spot on his head). He started PT back in August and we just graduated to re-check only with it. He used to tilt his head to the right and turn only to the left, but after PT (and stretching/strengthening at home), he now had full range of motion in his neck. The only time he sometimes reverts back is when he's working on new skills and gets tired. But it's done wonders for him. And the helmet has been working wonders on his head shape, too, in case you're wondering. We have another check-up this coming Wednesday and I'm hoping that we can start the weaning process then (he's been in it since the end of October and been BREEZING through the process). PT was definitely helpful and totally worth it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Thanks for your support ladies!  We went to PT for the first time and the stretches seem doable and the girls don't seem to mind them.  At least they both have the same direction so it won't be as hard to remember everything to do!  I know in time this won't matter but as someone said...first time mom...always worried right?!?!

Happy New Year!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes, one of my boys had it and is fully recovered now. Once they begin to crawl they get more strength in their neck and that helps. We went to PT from when he was just a few months old until he was 1 year old. You have to do the excercises at home too. Don't worry it will go away with help. 

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My singleton and one of my twins had it. PT worked wonders.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"