March 2012 Moms

AW: My In-Laws are so awesome. *Lengthy*

I dropped DH off at the airport to leave for a business trip on Sunday.  My parents are out of town so I called MIL to see if she could watch DS on Monday (yesterday) while I try to get my house in some kind of order.  A lot of our large purchases came in and we've had boxes everywhere, and then all of a sudden little bugs (looked like gnats) started showing up around our spice cabinet and dying on our kitchen floor.  *Gag*

DS scheduled our exterminator to come and check things out for Tuesday (today).

MIL comes over a little earlier than I expected so she could make it in time for one of his bottles so I could go ahead and pump then get started on the house.

Throughout the day she pretty much cleaned our house each time DS took a nap, and then she found the bug culprit.  A breadcrumb container that was never opened.   O_o

I nearly threw up, and she went through every spice and jar in the cabinet to make sure everything else was clean.

Fast forward to today.  I told her I would come spend time at their house today so we could discuss remodeling their master bathroom.

I get there just after lunch and MIL made sandwiches and played with DS every time I had to go pump his milk.  Later on FIL makes it home, plays with DS
 and brings him over to see DH's Grandma.  She is completely smitten with DS.  After about 20 or so grandchildren, many great grand and great great grandchildren, I would think she would love to interact with them all equally.  Every time she sees DS, she says he is the cutest baby she has ever seen.  MIL makes a fantastic dinner for us.

I'm sure its because he is so cute, plump and has such a pleasant personality.

DS and I leave to go back home, and I call MIL to thank her for dinner as I realized I forgot to before leaving.  She laughed because FIL was so happy I stuck around for dinner time because she hasn't cooked like that in so long.  He usually has PBJ sandwiches or something similar!  Haha.

DH's family is so amazing!  DH says the same thing about my family.  I definitely think we both lucked out.

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: AW: My In-Laws are so awesome. *Lengthy*

• Is it not great to have such great in laws? I have the best I don't know what I would do without them. Some of us get lucky!
  • Its great to have an awesome family support system. I think we lucked out too...my family and DH familyHave been great and so helpful! Now DH sister has not been very involved in her nephewsLife which really disappoints me and I think it is sad....but that is a whole other story!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • You're so lucky, I wish I had in-laws like that. Being considerate or doing something thoughtful or helpful are things that my in-laws would never even consider. Jealous and spiteful are words that usually come to mind...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"