Baby Names

Alexander

I known it's early and DH and I haven't truly hacked through all the baby names yet. But I know of one we both like and I know that he really wants the MN if it's a boy to be his first name "Roy." It's a family tradition on his side todo this but I'm so not crazy about almost ALL boy names and the ones I do like don't sound good to me with Roy as a MN.

I'm so hoping it's a girl just because of the naming issue, but of it isn't, what to you think of Alexander Roy? LN is 2 syllables and starts with an L. I also like Henry andRyder  but neither sounds good with the MN either :-(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Alexander

• Alexander Roy sounds like a fine name. Roy wouldn't be my first choice (by far) either, but I am big on family traditions (hence my kids' middle names). I think Henry Roy sounds nice also. Ryder Roy not so much. Too many R's. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think it flows really well, especially with a 2 syllable last name.  I'm not crazy about Alexander or Roy (especially Roy, but I appreciate the family significance), but they work together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • LoCarbLoCarb member

imagedoremi29:
    I think it flows really well, especially with a 2 syllable last name.  I'm not crazy about Alexander or Roy (especially Roy, but I appreciate the family significance), but they work together.

I agree w/ everything doremi wrote

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think Alexander Roy sounds fine, it's got nice flow. 

With a name like Roy, I think you need a name with several syllables.

I do think that Ryder Roy is pretty bad, way too much alliteration.  

• Alexander Roy sounds fine and I really like Alexander, is a strong name

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • I think Alexander Roy sound great together! Roy does seem like it would be a difficult mn to pair with a fn. Other names that might go well with Roy:

Ethan Roy 

Oliver Roy

William Roy

Owen Roy

GL! 

• Thanks everyone! Maybe DH won't be so set on using it once we really start hacking through names. Otherwise, it's good to know that it isn't so terrible as I initially thought!
  • I'm one of those people who really dislike Alexander, but it's a fine name.
  • Love Alexander. Roy works well with it.

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I like Alexander Roy and Henry Roy just fine. For what it's worth, IMO it is a family naming tradition that your DH cares about and it is the middle name, not the first, so I definitely think you should go with Roy for the middle name.

I also wouldn't go with Ryder Roy b/c it is a little too much RRRR, but in the "real world" it matters almost nothing at all how well your middle name flows with the rest of your name. Just about the only times I have ever been called by my full name in my entire life were when my parents were using it as a child to let me know they meant business. His friends, teachers, collegues, etc. will never be calling him by his full name. So, if there is a meaning or significance (like family tradition) behind a name, I vote go with that over sound/flow every time.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the name Alexander
    May you always have in your arms the one who is in your heart.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

pregnancybr>

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"