Georgia Babies

Mentally preparing

...for the screaming that is about to occur at C's 4 yr old well check. It's at 8:30 this morning. Based on what I have heard this is going to rock his little world. I made it early so that I could leave B home with DH. I told C that if he was tough I would take him to fuzzywigs. Something tells me he is not going to be so tough and that I will feel so bad for him that we will go to fuzzywigs as an apology for the trauma. I can't wait to see how big he is though! Wish me luck this is going to be interesting, and if you hear screaming ITP that'd be Colin. 
Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Mentally preparing

• Honestly I was scared too but it really wasn't that bad.  When the shot was given the scream was loud.  But I was prepared and didn't sit there and comfort him.  I just said OK it is all done lets go get a sticker and his favorite thing to get is a muffin top.  After I told him that he stopped crying.

You never know he may surprise you! 

• Polly's is next week.  I dread.  Especially if I have to take them both.  Boo.

I hope C is feeling better now that its all over.

• Loading the player...
  • imageebearwife:

Polly's is next week.  I dread.  Especially if I have to take them both.  Boo.

I hope C is feeling better now that its all over.

Whatever you do, do not bring Isaac! Even if you have to get a babysitter. I didn't realize my office does a blood draw as opposed to a finger prick. Then he had 4 shots on top of it. NOT fun. Joke is on me b/c he has to go back for the flu shot in Sept and it has to be the shot b/c he can't have the mist due to his winter breathing issues that he gets every year.  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the tip.  I might have to ask my ILs then.

I had to get P's blood drawn when she was a baby and other then them finding a vein it wasn't too traumatic.  But she was like nine months old so I am sure this time is a different story.  Child goes Chernobyl over a paper cut.

• We did, eye test, hearing test, finger prick, 3 shots. It was hell. I seriously expected his head to start spinning. I have never seen Jack act that much of a mess and he is not a dramatic kid by any stretch. GL. I guess by now you guys are home and snuggling but, I hope it went better than it did for us. 
  • Yeah C's opinion of going to the dr has officially changed now. He is pretty horrified. He did great in december with the flu shot but that was so quick he didn't have time to get upset and I got one too before him. Today was just hellacious. He was rewarded though. 
  • Ugh.  I still have a year until this appointment and I already dread it!  I have informed my husband that he WILL be there.  I'm not doing that one alone.  Glad it's over for C (and you!), though!
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Yeah, it wasn't fun. I felt guilty all day. DD got a finger prick for the blood draw and 3 shots. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ethan's four year check up was awful.  He got four shots.  My pediatrician's office actually recommends that two people attend the four year check up so one can hold the arms and the other holds the legs while the shots are given.  When we went back in the fall for his flu shot, he remembered what happened in January and it took me plus two nurses to hold him down just to give him the damn flu shot.  Good news is no shots at the 5 year check.  :-)

I'll be going through the four year check up, with Jack, come November.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • K&P414K&P414 member

Pretty sure this was one of the first check-up DH ever went to with me and Em and he was more traumatized than she was, haha. 

• Oh crap! I'm so dreading this next month. Plus, I scheduled Owen's 4 year and Colin's two month appts for the same time. Sounds like that was a very bad idea. DH is definitely coming with us, no doubt about it! I need to remember to have wine at home before that day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Either Caroline is a freak of nature or out pedi does the 4 yo check-up differently... but ours was fine!  She had 4 shots, and no tears.  Granted, Smith can barely graze her and she bursts into tears, but for some reason she's fine with shots...

I was either really brave or really stupid, because I took Smith as well and had his 9 month check-up at the same time.  I'm glad I didn't see this post beforehand though, or I would have been totally freaked out!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • myrallmyrall member
    imageJoJoEspana:

Either Caroline is a freak of nature or out pedi does the 4 yo check-up differently... but ours was fine!  She had 4 shots, and no tears.  Granted, Smith can barely graze her and she bursts into tears, but for some reason she's fine with shots...

I was either really brave or really stupid, because I took Smith as well and had his 9 month check-up at the same time.  I'm glad I didn't see this post beforehand though, or I would have been totally freaked out!! 

Ditto this. Geneva managed to hold it together pretty well and didn't cry until the nurse left the room. We got three shots (one was a combo) and no blood draw. The next day, she was a little puny; but other than that, she was fine.

And JoJo - I vote for brave. I purposefully scheduled Cecil's 9 month a week later. :)

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJoJoEspana:

Either Caroline is a freak of nature or out pedi does the 4 yo check-up differently... but ours was fine!  She had 4 shots, and no tears.  Granted, Smith can barely graze her and she bursts into tears, but for some reason she's fine with shots...

Jojo- You are brave! Glad she wasn't phased by any of if.  

• Oh no! I'm dreading Em's come February... She already hid under the bench at the drs office the last time she had to get a shot. DH will definitely be going with us to that one!  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker m/c at 8weeks 2007 DD born 2009 m/c at 15weeks 2010 m/c at 6weeks 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"