Philadelphia Babies

Maternity Unit tour at Grand View Hospital

Has anyone taken the tour of the maternity ward recently at GVH?   I am going to be delivering there and I was wondering when they give tours and if you are required to make a reservation.  Someone said I should request the birthing room, what is the difference of this room to other rooms?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Maternity Unit tour at Grand View Hospital

• I recently went with my husband to tour GVH. The birthing rooms are huge, have a couch, large shower, and you labor and deliver there. You cannot really "request" a room, it's all based on how many mommies they have there at the time. They do try to get you in the big rooms first though. Hopefully when you deliver there won't be a full moon or anything. Lol. But it was def worth the tour to see the updated unit. You should make an appt. an go. Good luck!
  • ok thanks for telling me all this, so you stay in the same room the whole time?
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecontrolledchaos617:
    ok thanks for telling me all this, so you stay in the same room the whole time?

No.  You labor and deliver in one room and then you are moved to the other side of the wide to the post-pardum rooms. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ok thanks, good to know!
  • imageshanie33:

I am also going to be delivering there - a tour is part of the classes they offer (not sure if you are taking one).

I took the breastfeeding basics class, that is the only one I am taking.  They did not have the tour with that class though. 

When are you due?  Did you take the tour yet?

• It's alright!  awesome, I am due 9/29.  I called to see if it took a while to get in for a tour, and they said its easy, so I will be calling again soon to schedule one.  I just hope I have all the questions written down that are good to ask.

• imagecontrolledchaos617:

It's alright!  awesome, I am due 9/29.  I called to see if it took a while to get in for a tour, and they said its easy, so I will be calling again soon to schedule one.  I just hope I have all the questions written down that are good to ask.

I had my baby there last year on 9/29. I cannot believe it's almost been a year. Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"