TTC after 35
Options

FRER v. Brand x.

I have read peeonastick.com, multiple blogs and message boards and  it seems to be pretty evenly split on which are more sensitive. But I also wonder how many of these women were aware of their actual DPO.

My nurse says they are all the same, but surely all the hub-bub about FRER's is just a bunch of bologna....or is it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FRER v. Brand x.

• Options

Last cycle, my Wondfos were more sensitive than the FRER, but both picked up the pregnancy.

Until I win the lotto, FRERs are a luxury for me. I will not buy another 2 for $15 when the Wondfos and the dollar store variety are equally as sensitive. My RE even said he has been amazed at how sensitive the HPTs in general are.

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options

I have to say wondfo's win it for me because of cheapness factor and early detection. I usually test with wondfo first, and then follow up with frer if it's +. But this last cycle my wondfo was + at 9dpo and at 10 my beta was only 11, so it was probably even lower the day before. And it was a pretty clear positive.

Right now I'm testing down my hcg, I'm still getting + on wondfo's and I have to guess I'm only in the single digit beta range at this point, so those things are damn sensitive, a blessing and a curse.

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have never purchased Wondflo's. I def need to check them out! I have spent a small fortune on hpt's, I was happy to find the $ ones at DG. 

Thanks!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've had issues with wondfos, but I like the dollar store tests. I've also bought a bunch of babi One Step brand ICs to try out.
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options
    imagefingerscrossed72:

I have never purchased Wondflo's. I def need to check them out! I have spent a small fortune on hpt's, I was happy to find the $ ones at DG. 

Thanks!! 

Check out Amazon, super cheap. I've found you can get the occasional evaporation line but it's rare to get two in a row and since they're so cheap you can test away.. 

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for asking this question. I was wondering too!
    Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"