Adoption

I'm having their baby ?

Anyone watch this yet? I just watched it. Very interesting.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'm having their baby ?

• Not yet. How was it? Other than interesting, I mean ;)
  • cogbotcogbot member

spoiler alert....

I watched it this morning.  It had less of the made for tv drama than the TLC show "birthmoms" did. They followed two different birthmoms.  One of them was adopted and ended up placing her child.  The other got pregnant as a result of an affair.  She thought placing the baby might save her marriage.  She went through two prospective adoptive couples, and in the end chose to parent.   

I think there will be at least five more episodes.  I'm going DVR them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • hway24hway24 member

I really liked it. Like PP said, I felt like there wasn't alot of added drama, and it seemed to acurately portray their journey and feelings, which is how I was hoping it would be.

There's 5 more episodes, I'll definitly watch them.

I don't know if anyone has looked at their facebook page, I "liked" it last week and there was a lot of negativity and hateful remarks on there, I was shocked. I quit looking at it, so I don't know if it's changed now that it's actually aired.

After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • hway24hway24 member
    imagecogbot:

spoiler alert....

I watched it this morning.  It had less of the made for tv drama than the TLC show "birthmoms" did. They followed two different birthmoms.  One of them was adopted and ended up placing her child.  The other got pregnant as a result of an affair.  She thought placing the baby might save her marriage.  She went through two prospective adoptive couples, and in the end chose to parent.   

I think there will be at least five more episodes.  I'm going DVR them. 

I had a feeling the one who had an affair wouldn't place, and it seems like she made the right decision for her. I was sad for the adoptive parents, but glad to hear they got a baby a few months later.

I cryed like a baby when the other girl signed TPR, I just kept thinking of DS's BM, and how emotional she was that day. I had to fight the urge to call her at midnight last night.

After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagehway24:

I don't know if anyone has looked at their facebook page, I "liked" it last week and there was a lot of negativity and hateful remarks on there, I was shocked. I quit looking at it, so I don't know if it's changed now that it's actually aired.

Oh my goodness, I looked at the FB page and have gotten some interesting remarks to my post. I posted that I liked the show and it will hopefully show others that these expectant mothers are not just giving away their babies because they aren't wanted. Two women have posted a response, which are interesting. By reading their responses, it makes me think that they might be adult adoptees of closed adoptions, but that's just my guess.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    She's Forever Ours! Finaliaztion-12.26.12Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hehasaplanforus.blogspot.com/
  • I really liked the show.  I'm surprised at how many negative comments were made on the shows f-book site.  I really thought it was done well.
  • It was MUCH better than that other show. That show was a train wrack.

I was trying to do a spoiler but I knew the affair girl would not place as well. She had to do what was best for her. I kept yelling at the TV because she wanted back with her husband who obviously was a piece of work. Ugh. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I watched it and also found the whole thing very endearing. I thought it was well done and I liked that they didn't protray this as an easy journey. I liked that they one bm changed her mind last minute about the parents and then did it again before deciding to parent- for me that shows exactly how quickly things change in the world of adoption...
  • I like it enough to watch it again.  I don't know that there is every a perfect show to portray adoption, as each story was different.

I did prefer the adoptee's story rather then the woman who had an affair (and not because she ended up placing).  I felt that the other woman, Mary, wanting to switch AP's because the first AP got excited at the ultra sound, kinda made AP's look like over zelous people...but in fairness, maybe that can be the case.  

Overall, I felt it was much better then MANY other's I've seen.

• I just read the comments on the fb page and it's nuts!! It took everything i had not to make a few comments of my own. My Mom was adopted and it was a closed adoption and I have seen the pain that she went through because of it and for a very long time I wanted nothing to do with adoption because of it- then we couldn't concieve and my mother asked me why we didn't consider adopting.

I had a heart to heart with my mother that day, and she was the one who had my back on the whole thing. She understood why I had originally had very negative feelings about adoption and explained to me what it felt like from her perspective and also how things have changed for her as she has gotten older. Only after this heart to heart and a lot of support from her was I comfortable enough that I could move forward. Closed adoptions are hard. Adoptions in general are hard. However, I was also someone who was born to a VERY young teen mom and lived in absolute poverty my entire life and watched my mom make big mistakes that changed my life and made it VERY hard...

So, because of this I also have a strong understanding of what the reality of having a child before you are ready means for that child. My Mother had placed me for adoption but after two weeks changed her mind, changing her mind took me from potential parents who had a stable life and put me in a place where really bad things (the nature of which I don't want to dive into) were common place and were my reality. Yes, my adoptive parents could have been just as bad or worse. Yes, I love my mother with all my heart. However, I am also a firm believer that she should have chose an option that did not include her trying to parent long before she would ever be ready- abortion/adoption whatever she could have handled because in the end we both suffered because of that choice and it had far reaching effects. She wanted to parent but it was not the right choice for me as a child who would have to grow up in the manner I did. This is not to say that this is the right choice for everyone- just that the people who make this choice are much stronger than anyone can imagine.

All of this is to say that the comments these people were making were insulting and did not consider what the life of the child would be like should they make a decision they are not ready to handle the consequence of. That is why I have such a deep and abiding respect for the women who make this choice in the first place- because their choice has nothing to do with what they want- it has everything to do with what they need and most of all what that child deserves. Okay, I am officially off my soap box and I sincerely hope that nothing I posted in here is offensive to anyone- those comments just really got under my skin!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"