January 2011 Moms
Options

Finances

Does anyone post/lurk on the finances board on the Nest? Is anyone very good at this kind of planning?

I don't want to start following another board, but I do find that these boards can often give a ton of info. I was wondering if anyone could condense it for me - or at least tell me what the financial board equivalent is to Getting Pregnant's 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'.

All of a sudden I have to figure out 401k contributions, FSA, how to save, whether we should have 1 account or separate accounts and everything else! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: Finances

• Options
    I don't, but I should.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I lurked a while back for just a short time and they stressed me out and confused me. We don't have conventional income which is why I think I felt this way...but if we were both regular W2 type employees it would have definitely helped.

I say lurk a bit - can't hurt. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I lurked the Money Matters board for about 3 years. I hardly ever post there because my priorities are waaaayy different than mine. I think the Nest is pretty dead these days. Try checking out the new off board instead: https://pandce.****/index.cgi

• Options
    I've read  one of Dave Ramsey's books and lurked on his website. It seems to be pretty informative and breaks things down pretty well for me.  (I'm not very savvy with finance lingo.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Speaking of Dave Ramsey, I used to listen to his podcasts for years. They were very helpful to me. The only thing I found funny was that he encouraged you to pay off your smaller debts first. I understand the concept, because it makes it seem like you are making head way and getting some were. 

BUT. If I owe Capital One 3,000 at a 22% interest rate, and I owe Kohls 300 at 10%..I really should be hammering out Capital One first.

Good luck, finances are never easy. I always feel like something starts to go right and then the car breaks down or we need a new fridge and washer all in the same week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"