Georgia Babies

Random: I am maid of honor...

and have no clue what are my responsibilities. My best friend of 20 years is getting married and I looked online for books about being a maid of honor because i want to do this right and there are sooooo many. if anyone has suggestions on books, websites, what to do, anything, i would appreciate it. I have already started liking things on pinterest but i just thought i would ask. 
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Re: Random: I am maid of honor...

• you probably want to talk to the bride to see if she has any expectations, but in my circle the MOH coordinates a shower and the bachelorette party (with the other bridesmaids). The shower might be a traditional shower or a lingerie shower.

The bride might want you to go dress shopping with her or help with other things with the wedding so that will be up to her and your availability.

And then, obviously, show up and look pretty on the big day :-) 

• thanks! there are some wrenches since pretty much everyone in the party lives in at least four different states and she does not live in GA. but I have only been maid of honor once and that was a small at home wedding and i was told that i did not need to do anything. this one, on the other hand, is going to be a black tie wedding, so much different. at least her cousin is going to help out with the bachelorette party. I guess we can combine the bridal shower with the bachelorette party to save everyone from traveling more than needed. 
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto about talking to the bride about what she expects/needs from you, especially since she's in another state. When I was MOH for my best friend, I helped her dress shop, helped pick out bridesmaid dresses, planned the shower and bachelorette party, and helped with little tasks leading up to the big day.  

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • K&P414K&P414 member

imageBlnd117:
    thanks! there are some wrenches since pretty much everyone in the party lives in at least four different states and she does not live in GA. but I have only been maid of honor once and that was a small at home wedding and i was told that i did not need to do anything. this one, on the other hand, is going to be a black tie wedding, so much different. at least her cousin is going to help out with the bachelorette party. I guess we can combine the bridal shower with the bachelorette party to save everyone from traveling more than needed. 

It's fun to do a little lingerie shower before the bachelorette party!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"