Multiples

Multiples & IVF

Hi everyone!  

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year now and we literally just started our first cycle of IVF today with day 3. A real newbie!

I'm just wondering how many moms on here were able to have their little miracles through IVF, how many cycles it took, how many embryos were implanted/transferred, and who was able to have their miracles naturally.  

After our long journey, success stories are inspiring and give me hope! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Multiples & IVF

• Our up & comings were spontaneous (and unexpected), after nearly a year of faulty ovulation. I have PCOS, and I was having extremely irregular cycles - anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months between each menstruation...Every time I'd have an LH surge, I would start bleeding again within just a couple of days - so we just didn't expect it when it did happen. In May, we had a three day surge.. 9 days later, we got our first BFP in 6 years. 

A lot of the women here conceived via IVF, and they've all got pretty diverse histories :) I'm sure they'll have lots of good information for you. Welcome, and good luck to you!! 

image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• My girls are the result of our very first ivf cycle, after 3 failed iui's. We transferred 2 5 days embryos. The newbie- is a spontaneous, surprise pregnancy! Welcome and good luck with your ivf.
    TTC #1 since August 2007, 3 failed IUI's, first IVF Jan 2010-bfp 1st beta on 01/29/2010 - 871 2nd beta on 2/1/10 -2,651 Twins! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My history is in my siggy, but as you will see it took some time for us to find the right treatment protocol. Our diagnosis was unexplained, so we started with less invasive approaches and moved on to IVF after a year of treatment. On our first cycle, we transferred one day five embryo. My clinic was very hesitant to transfer more than one good quality embryo because of my age and because it was our first attempt. That cycle failed, but it had nothing to do with the decision to transfer one embryo. Because of our IVF failure and lesser quality embryos, everyone recommended that we transfer two embryos with assisted hatching for the second cycle. Both stuck! We are now expecting twin boys!

Best of luck with your cycle! 

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• We conceived our twins through our first round of IVF. Due to severe MFI it was our only hope. We transferred 2 day 5 blasts. GL!!
    First U/S 06/27/12 TWINS!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our IF was due to PCOS and endometriosis.  We did clomid for 6 cycles over about a year and a half.  After 2 loses and ruptured cysts I had surgery to clear up the endometriosis.  Once my body was recovered we did IVF for the first time with a Day 5 blastocyst.... we put in 2 eggs and wound up with triplets!

Lots of luck to you on your journey!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Fresh cycle:  Transferred 2, 5AA expanded blasts:  BFN

RPL panel disocovered 2 clotting disorders

FET#1 wth Lovenox:  2 5AA blasts = DD

FET#2 with Lovenox: 2 5AA blasts = c/p

FET#3 wth Lovenox: 2 4BB blasts = twins

Best of luck, hun!!

PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 2 retrivials 

1st  FET 2 blasts= our DS

2nd FET 2 lblasts=twins

no frosties left. We still consider oursleves very very blessed

• We transfered 2 embryos on day 3 and are currently just over 8 weeks along with twins from our first IVF procedure. We didn't have any embryo's to freeze so we're very thankful that these worked!

And you're right, it's an extremely long journey. Just try to prepare yourself (and your husband) for the emotional rollercoaster you'll be one once you start all the meds. My husband said I was like a completely different person, it was VERY hard on me, and I don't think I was fully prepared for the emotional ups and downs.

• I transferred 2 5 day blasts and am pregnant with twins after IVF. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My full IVF and IF history is in my blog with the shorthand version in my siggy. 

I am currently expecting 2. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Wishing you lots of luck with your cycle!

We were very fortunate to have success with our first IVF w/ ICSI cycle- we had done 6 medicated IUIs before that.

I had 24 eggs retrieved, 19 were mature, 9 fertilized, by day 3 we had 6 left growing and by day 5, all but two were behind. We transferred the 2 blastocysts we had and luckily both of them stuck around! We had none make it to freeze.

FYI - I didn't read the rest of the responses yet so maybe someone mentioned this but you should use the word "spontaneous" instead of "natural". Wink 

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
  • Our twins were conceived through our first ivf cycle. I have stage 4 endometriosis. We had 8 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized through icsi, and on transfer day only had two embryos left! Twins it was : ) I will be having a c section because both babies are transverse and unlikely to flip at this point! Good luck to you! 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Our b/g twins are the result of our first IVF cycle after over 4 years of trying due to severe MFI, 0% morphology. We transferred 2 day 5 blasts and both took.  Best of luck to you!

Photobucket

IVF #1 was a success! Harrison and Brooke born at 37 weeks. 6lbs8oz and 6lbs11oz. Loving life as a MoM.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracles

• cadencaden member
    GL!! My twins were due to my 3rd IVF. First 2 were 2 embryos, 3rd was 3. 3 embryos implanted, 2 take home babies. I had them vaginally, if that's what you mean by natural.
  • dganczdgancz member

I have an almost 3 year old DD who is a result of our 3rd IVF cycle.We did a day 3 transfer and 2 embryos and we ended up with our DD.

We just had our twins on Sunday and they are a result of our 2nd IVF cycle.Day 6 transfer and 2 embryos. 

• Yes!! I know people don't mean to be insulting, but asking if the babies are natural is really trying on my nerves :)
  • Both of my pregnancies were a result of IVF. IVF #1 was a 3dt and we transferred 3 embryos. This cycle resulted in DD. IVF #2 was also a 3dt of 3 embryos and resulted in the boys. Good luck! I know it's a very stressful and overwhelming time. 
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you everyone for sharing your stories.  It gives me so much hope and I love hearing them.  I am happy for all of you.  I gave 2 injections last night for the first time and was feeling very overwhelmed so this helps ease those feeling I'm having knowing that there are so many success stories out there.  Thank you again!

I apologize if I offended anyone with my word choice.  I am new here and I am still learning the lingo.  Thank you jessica for the tip.  

• We did IVF with ICSI due to MFI after failed IUIs. Our first IVF resulted in our twins. We transferred 2 blasts on day 5 (one hatching and one hatched). GL!
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • imageDandT1206:

we did IVF (due to MFI) and got pregnant on the first try with twins (transferred 2 embryos).  we got very lucky.   good luck! 

Same here, after four failed medicated IUI cycles. 

Twins November 2012!

• Our twins are the result of donor embryo. We transferred 2 5day blasts. I don't remember the grade, but keep in mind it's subjective and differs clinic to clinic. And even then, higher grades can fail while lower grades can be successful. 

I did 3 IVF's with my ex and all failed. It just wasn't meant to be, which is easy to say in hindsight, but sometimes life happens that way. 

I wish you the best in your journey!

• We were blessed enough to conceive from our first attempt at IVF w/ ICSI due to MFI (vas reversal that didn't work). 16 eggs mature, 10 fertilized, by day 3 post-retrieval we had 8 left and by day 5 we had 4 ((three perfect grade - 5AA and one 4AB). We transferred two 5AAs and ended up with boy/girl twins! We could not be happier! We froze a 6AA and 4AB.

I didn't find the meds/shots too offensive and if nothing else, it brought DH and I closer together. I wanted this so badly that I got over my extreme fear of needles and found myself doing all of my injections to myself by the end. It just became part of life and something I didn't complain about or think twice about b/c I wanted it from so far deep down and was tired of heartbreak.

GL to you!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In 2008 we did our first cycle of IVF and had a baby girl.  Last October we did ivf again and got pregnant our first time with twins.  We were very lucky that each shot at IVF has worked for us and now have 3 daughters.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Seriously loving all the success stories!  As we get deeper into our first cycle and closer to retrieval day, it gives me more and more hope that our time will finally come.  Our fertility issues are of male factor so my doctor said that we would do the IVF with ICSI, implanting 2.  Hoping this procedure alone will be enough to overcome our struggle.  

Keep the stories coming!  I love them! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"