Georgia Babies

All my friends have disappeared since I had my baby

Well, not all of them but I am definitely not the girl with tons of friends who all had kids at the same time. Seems I was the girl in a group of girls who didn't want kids that went and had an kid. Where can I meet other moms with kids the same age? A lot of the classes make my cynical self roll my eyes. Am I out of luck?

Re: All my friends have disappeared since I had my baby

• Girl, I can't wait until Z and Mia are on the same schedule.  Two words:  wine + playdates.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• not out of luck! i have a cynical streak for sure, and didn't feel like i fit in to a lot of "mom" activities i did in an effort to meet other moms. it took a while but i have found some awesome ladies that i like as people (not just as fellow SAHMs). i checked out our neighborhood message board because folks were more likely to be up for spontaneous get-togethers, and if i even thought i may vibe with someone i made the first move (and often the second and the third). it took a while but i am glad i didn't stop trying!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I joined a couple of different groups on Meetup.com and I have met some WONDERFUL friends. You do have to make the effort to go to the meetups and be social, but there are tons of different groups on there so there really does seem to be a good group for everybody.
  • imageremote_girl:
    not out of luck! i have a cynical streak for sure, and didn't feel like i fit in to a lot of "mom" activities i did in an effort to meet other moms. it took a while but i have found some awesome ladies that i like as people (not just as fellow SAHMs). i checked out our neighborhood message board because folks were more likely to be up for spontaneous get-togethers, and if i even thought i may vibe with someone i made the first move (and often the second and the third). it took a while but i am glad i didn't stop trying!

this! neighborhood boards led me to great people!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"